Ericsson out 6-8 weeks

Old School Hockey

8 hours ago, Old School Hockey said:

He's out and Marchenko is in Toronto.  Wonder who could use a young puck moving right handed shooting dman?

UPDATE: Done for the year. Rumor is that we are looking to sign a pylon and slap a uniform on it, the pylon would have more mobility than Ericsson.

Truth is, Ericsson has been decent this year, not great but okay, not quite good but not bad. The sad part is that makes him one of our better guys on the back end.

As for Marchenko, just another case of poor cap management, just one in a line. Nice little screw you from Babs to Holand snatching him up, not a great one but serviceable. Like you said with E out he could have been used but I am a fan of both Sproul who has been trapped in the pressbox and a kid named Robbie Russo who is a defensive guru with a nifty first pass who for some reason they have not given a shot to. The two of them were an insane pairing last season in Grand Rapids, a nice complimentary paring who work very well together kind of like Lidstrom and Rafalski or Stuart and Kronner or even Lilja and Lebda. Russo and Sproul, I think of one I immediately think of the other, they are better together than by themselves and hopefully the silver lining with E done for the year and the lousy cap management is Russo gets a fair crack.

Archived