The Playoffs so far (Easter Sunday post)

Buffalo Rick

Surprises galore.  The Blackhawks are falling apart.  Have not scored a goal!!!  Washington has to rally in game one and win in OT and then are beaten in double OT in game two.    Leafs Nation for now, is going crazy.  The St Louis Blues, my personal pick and favorite team left, have stolen the first two in Minnesota vs the other team I picked if St Louis did not get it done.  I did not want them to face each other in round 1.   That was my Western final.  St Louis looks like they have everything covered.  Jake Allen is to me the best goalie in the league right now.  Well at least tied for the best.  LOL>  Calgary put up a fight in both games and fell short.  Columbus has been very disappointing.  Ever since that famous streak of theirs they have been average at best.  I believe there is a better chance of Calgary making a series of it than Columbus.  At least until I see different.  Just imagine the ticket prices in Toronto for the first playoff game there in a zillion years?  I mean, the scalpers are going to make a killing. I talked to  busload of Montreal fans in Buffalo one night and they told me the stories of how those seats in Toronto and Montreal are like Gold.  I can see a thousand dollars for the upper levels.  I would not panic if I were a Washington fan.  We have not seen the best of the Capitals.  If you are a Chicago fan, its time to hit the panic button 3 times.  As for the Edmonton and San Jose series the next two games in northern California should be interesting.  Edmonton might not have the resolve or enough experience to be able to survive this on the road?  We shall see.  They are likely tickled pink regardless of how this turns out.  I am going to go out on a limb and expect Montreal to play better on the road.  They usually do for some reason?  Maybe too much pressure at home?  I will pick them to pull off the win in game 3.  I am not impressed with either team.  I still believe Pittsburgh and Washington will play for the East.   And St Louis will beat anyone in the West as long as they survive the Wild who are one dangerous team.  So what do you all think?

Spoiler

Washington and Toronto are playing one Hell of a fun series, just loving it. Pittsburgh just manhandling the Jackets, looks like men versus boys. I have absolutely zero interest in the Bruins/Senators someone has to win and I could care less who. The Rangers had a chance to bury the Habs 2-0 and blew it. Hard to say if that will come back and haunt them.

In the West, WOW is Rinne on fire, simply owns the series. Chicago will probably switch to Darling in game 3 but if Rinne keeps playing the way he has been it wont matter. Anaheim and the Flames looks done, Getzlaf/Perry on a mission. I am simply stunned by the Blues being up 2-0 I thought when they dealt Shattenkirk at the deadline they were first round fodder but someone forgot to tell the Wild this was supposed to be a gimme series. Finally Edmonton and the Sharks, fun series so far just wish they didn't play so late.

6 minutes ago, yave1964 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Washington and Toronto are playing one Hell of a fun series, just loving it. Pittsburgh just manhandling the Jackets, looks like men versus boys. I have absolutely zero interest in the Bruins/Senators someone has to win and I could care less who. The Rangers had a chance to bury the Habs 2-0 and blew it. Hard to say if that will come back and haunt them.

In the West, WOW is Rinne on fire, simply owns the series. Chicago will probably switch to Darling in game 3 but if Rinne keeps playing the way he has been it wont matter. Anaheim and the Flames looks done, Getzlaf/Perry on a mission. I am simply stunned by the Blues being up 2-0 I thought when they dealt Shattenkirk at the deadline they were first round fodder but someone forgot to tell the Wild this was supposed to be a gimme series. Finally Edmonton and the Sharks, fun series so far just wish they didn't play so late.

The Blues are no surprise to me.  They have been playing great since the Shattenkirk departure.  My pick to win it all.  I am all in with the Blues.  I have always liked them.  And the goaltending really has nothing to do with Chicago being down 2-0.  They look like a complete mess.  They will be lucky if they avoid the Blues.  They are done in my book.  When Washington wakes up and turns on the afterburners they will bury the Leafs who are no match for them once they get it going.  

Archived