Allright Already; The Rangers need upgrading

Paparanger

So over the past few days I have been reading that the Rangers need changes. Just about all of these comments have come from Ranger Beat Writers. I am the first one to admit that they do need some help starting with their defense and maybe three forwards should go if possible. Then there is always the expansion draft to consider. 

Does anyone remember John Tortorella? He was the coach who routinely snapped at the press corp and berated certain reporters. He was always nasty with the press which bought him no good will. Then here comes A.V. Nice guy; pleasant with the press. Answers all their questions and even jokes with them. That's nice, except no one from  the press corp has even broached the other glowing issue; " THE COACH"

I know I sound like a broken record, but like they say; "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result." So, by definition, A.V. must be insane? Come to think of it; Me too...

Think about it, The Rangers should have won games 2 & 5 but they didn't and the reason was because Alain Vigneault  kept on putting older less mobile defense men out there and benching his best "D" Pair in Smith and Skjei. ( Remember No 76's two goals in game two?) He has been known to do this his whole career and it always gets him close to the dance but always without the prize. 

The Ranger organization should fire A.V and promote Scott Arneil in his place. He knows the players and the system and he is more progressive than A.V. Plus he can hit the ground running.

Time will tell on this one. But if I were the GM, I would certainly consider sending AV on his way & inserting a coach that is not afraid to use his bench.

Any Comments?

From the sound of it, it appears that Shattenkirk is nearly a mortal lock to come to New York. Not sure if he is an upgrade or not, he is probably Yandle 2.0

If Brendan Smith was your best defenseman you are in trouble, i watched him for the last ten years at Wisconsin, then at Grand Rapids and for years in Detroit making the same mistakes over and over. Plus he is an UFA and will probably be gone.

I dont know, the defense is discombobulated and if Shatty is the answer i dont believe that any coach including the great Scotty Bowman could win. Girardi is old, Skjei has potential but is a middle pair guy with second unit power play written all over him. They lack shut down guys who would allow Skjei and Shattenkrik to roam.

As far as the forwards, i like them i really do but the chemistry is all wrong,

Then throw in the elephant in the room, the King is another year older and has been slipping for two or three years.

This is a bubble playoff team next year no matter who is the coach.

Archived