Pens will meet with Will Butcher

B21

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/12624233-74/penguins-among-teams-after-hobey-baker-award-winner-will-butcher

So what do we know about this kid? His strengths seem to play into the Pens' system of emphasis on puck moving and skating. His agent was on record as saying he's not looking at teams solely based on whether or not he gets to play right away.  Could he make another defenseman expendable in a trade for a 3C?

On 8/21/2017 at 1:49 PM, notfondajane said:

Is there a center in WBS that is ready to play in Pittsburgh that could fill the 3C spot? 

To bad the Pens could not sign Cullen! They could have maybe swung a trade with the Wild for a 3C!

Dominic Simon would be the top of the crop down there.  I think I remember GM saying he's fine moving Rowney to that spot but we'll have to see.   Jake is natural center also, but I'm not sure he's ready for his own line for a whole season.  42 days till season starts.

9 hours ago, nossagog said:

Dominic Simon would be the top of the crop down there.  I think I remember GM saying he's fine moving Rowney to that spot but we'll have to see.   Jake is natural center also, but I'm not sure he's ready for his own line for a whole season.  42 days till season starts.

Can't wait to see the Pens raise their 5th Stanley Cup Banner on October 4th! 

Is JR thinkingof bringing back Jordon Stall? I hope not! 

1 minute ago, notfondajane said:

Can't wait to see the Pens raise their 5th Stanley Cup Banner on October 4th! 

Is JR thinkingof bringing back Jordon Stall? I hope not! 

I really don't think Jordan is worth $6M a year.   Way over priced. 

Archived