Finally they do it right

Paparanger

I am so happy that Gorton traded away all those players. Think about it; Nash & Grabner were going to become UFA's so anything they could get is better than nothing. The team is not going to win a cup for the foreseeable future so they did McDonough & Miller a favor sending them to Tampa. I think they should have nudged Lunquist to agree to a trade. Remember Raymond Bourke, Dominick Hasek & Patrick Roy? All three were traded by their respective teams so they could win a cup and all three did. There is no shame in that and lets face it, Hank may not win a cup with the Rangers. He is going to be 36 and will be at the end of his contract by the time he is 38. Unless Gorton strikes it rich with a new coach and gets really lucky with the players he traded for  as well as the prospects and the new kids currently on the block. That will be the one trophy that has never gets to touch. Speaking of a new coach; I think we can all agree that AV will be no more. Good Riddance...

I will admit that the Rangers turned a potentially ugly situation into one with plenty of light at the end of the tunnel.

As someone already said in another threa, the Rangers will take their lumps the rest of this season and next as well, but if they stay the course, continue to stockpile picks, and, more importantly DRAFT well with those picks, they should be fine and back into Cup contention in fewer years than if they remained stubborn and continued to think they could still win now or next year.

Add to the picks and draft strategy some good young players (I will miss Vladi Namestnikov) for now and for later, and the Rangers, like the Red Wings, have the ingredients to become better sooner than later.

Goaltending though.

Rangers need to find a goalie for the future.

King Henrik had his shot, but he is no longer a viable #1 SC goalie in my opinion...and he hasn't been for about a season or two.

Archived