News and notes 2-15 Toews and Gibson

yave1964

I am gonna give it a shot to put something in here every day throughout the remainder of the season.

No word yet on the ongoing medical mystery surrounding Jonathan Toews who has been out the entire season with no end in sight.  GM Stan Bowman has stated in recent days that he is giving Toews as much time as he needs and refuses to give a timetable if it is this year or not. The Hawks are a mini surprise so far, looking much better than most folks thought in spite of the losses of Toews, Seabrook, Dach, Nylander, Shaw and Zach Smith. Kids such as Pius Suter, Kurashev, Hagel, Kampf, Beaudin, Saarela and Ian Mitchell have picked the team up nightly as has the shockingly good goaltending coming from Kevin Lankinen. They are trying to determine if they are a playoff team and if Toews returns they may be buyers at or near the deadline.

John Gibson signed a team friendly 8 year 52 million dollar deal a few years ago (AAV 6.5 million per year) and the whispers are that he wants to be traded as he does not like the direction his club is going. Supposedly two teams who have kicked tires are the Penguins who are unhappy with Jarry and Edmonton. IMHO if he really wants traded Colorado should have Ducks GM Rob Murray on speed dial as the only thing Colorado needs is a goalie.

Nashville is close to making a decision on being a seller suposedly, with Duchene being the primary piece they are shopping. Like every French Canadien kid ever he is linked to Montreal, lol. Truth is it would make a lot of sense for them to at least kick tires on him. 

Thats about all for today unless something pops up if so I will add it later.

3 hours ago, yave1964 said:

I am gonna give it a shot to put something in here every day throughout the remainder of the season.

No word yet on the ongoing medical mystery surrounding Jonathan Toews who has been out the entire season with no end in sight.  GM Stan Bowman has stated in recent days that he is giving Toews as much time as he needs and refuses to give a timetable if it is this year or not. The Hawks are a mini surprise so far, looking much better than most folks thought in spite of the losses of Toews, Seabrook, Dach, Nylander, Shaw and Zach Smith. Kids such as Pius Suter, Kurashev, Hagel, Kampf, Beaudin, Saarela and Ian Mitchell have picked the team up nightly as has the shockingly good goaltending coming from Kevin Lankinen. They are trying to determine if they are a playoff team and if Toews returns they may be buyers at or near the deadline.

John Gibson signed a team friendly 8 year 52 million dollar deal a few years ago (AAV 6.5 million per year) and the whispers are that he wants to be traded as he does not like the direction his club is going. Supposedly two teams who have kicked tires are the Penguins who are unhappy with Jarry and Edmonton. IMHO if he really wants traded Colorado should have Ducks GM Rob Murray on speed dial as the only thing Colorado needs is a goalie.

Nashville is close to making a decision on being a seller suposedly, with Duchene being the primary piece they are shopping. Like every French Canadien kid ever he is linked to Montreal, lol. Truth is it would make a lot of sense for them to at least kick tires on him. 

Thats about all for today unless something pops up if so I will add it later.

Duchene ain't worth much more than a 3rd rounder at this stage.

But I'd take him on the sharks just to have a top 6 c

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Duchene ain't worth much more than a 3rd rounder at this stage.

But I'd take him on the sharks just to have a top 6 c

I'd take him on the Wings just to have a top line, lol.

Agreed tho, man he eroded. Kind of floated there for a bit, had a very nice contract year and then went right back into floating again.

I was listening to Nick Kypreos the other day talking about the Jackets when they lost four players to free agency

Panarin big money big term but probably worth it

Bobrovsky big money, no way has he come close to earning it

Duchene Big money big term absolute lousy signing

Dzingel Did squat with Carolina just sent back to Ottawa to try to get his career back on the rails

Essentially what Nick was saying was everyone stated the sky was falling in Columbus when they lost that bunch but clearly it hasnt worked out for much of anyone save for Panarin.

• Like 1