Habs add Eric Staal for a pair of picks

The Buffalo firesale has begun, Eric Staal has been shipped to the Canadiens for a 3rd and a 5th in this years draft with Buffalo retaining half of Staals salary.

Honestly, it is a good move for both teams and sets the price on forwards in this years market. Montreal got the top nine center they seem to be in perpetual search of, Buffalo got futures,both got exactly what they want. 

Good for Staal to see if he really does have anything left.

From the looks of him in Buffalo, he was done, but then, playing on that team, in that cluster^%$#, ANYONE can easily look 'done'.
If he is more of the same in Montreal, then he may want to follow Mikko Koivu's lead and call it a career.

But I think he may have more to give.
I thought he would show as much with the Sabres, but now he gets a better opportunity to show it with a possible playoff contender.

Buffalo needs any and all picks or any young players with any kind of skills they can get their hands on.
They've got problems all over their lineup that aren't going to be solved with just a trade or three.

They will need to rework their development plans, re-evaluate their rosters, and simply cash in any vets with value towards those ends.
I agree.
Both teams seem to have gotten what they require here.