Brett Hull vs Bobby Hull (greater goal scorer)

JagerMeister

Im sure most posters here know that Bobby hull was a better overall player then brett. But who was the greater goal scorer?

Brett arguably had best goal scoring season of all time but was also fortunate enough to play with one of the best playmakers, Adam oates. Hull's scoring dropped significantly when Oates left, and went from a 70 goal scorer to a 50 goal scorer, which was still good. But brett also averaged 30 goals a season from ages 33-39.

Bobby hull played in a significantly lower scoring era and lead in goals for 7 years i believe, and my wide margins with five 50 goal seasons. He also left to play in the WHA during his prime and has 300 goals in the WHAT. Imagine if he didnt leave the NHL. There is no doubt in my mind that he would have at least second all time in goals if he hadn't left

To add, I'll surrender to laziness, and go with a very old write-up I did about ten years ago. It's not new, but neither guy played after that. It shows Bobby Hull as around the 5th most productive era-adjusted forward ever, and Brett as #22, with a pretty big gap between them.

http://web.archive.org/web/20051222110731/http://members.shaw.ca/hbtn/player_study/hpr.htm

There's some other fun stuff on there, like ice time estimation for years prior to 2001, etc.

Bobby Hull  (the Golden Jet) was very good hockey player.

He was one of the first stars I've seen play.

I think he was just a tad better player then Brett   not much  but still better the better all round player .

Bobby Hull  (the Golden Jet) was very good hockey player.

He was one of the first stars I've seen play.

I think he was just a tad better player then Brett   not much  but still better the better all round player .

I am very well aware that Bobby hull was the better all around player, But im talking about JUST goalscoring.

Archived