Leafs Need a Heel Commentator To "Put Over" the Leafs and Bury the Opposition (ie: Jesse Ventura)

Since the Leafs are the most hated team in hockey, why not play up to it?  Why do we keep hiring Jack-of-all-Teams people like Jim Hughson to do commentary? Why do we hire people who cheer as loud for the opposition as they do for the Leafs? Why do we hire guys who feel bad for opposing teams when the LEAFS are doing well?

The Leafs need a "heel" commentator. Someone who opposing teams will despise. Someone who will put Leafs players on pedestals and bury the opposing players at every opportunity. 

It's time to just put on the Darth Vader outfit and start the Imperial March. 

See if Paul "Steggy" Steigerwald would be available.
Everyone outside of Pens fans (though even some Pens fans didn't like him either! :bigteeth: ) thought he was one of the biggest, most biased, annoying, evil, a-hole play by play guy while on the air.

I mean, he makes Jack Edwards look like a fair and impartial litigator! 😅

I am sure Steggy is a fine human being, but man, can he play the part of agitator to the opposition pretty well.
He might very well be the Brad Marchand, the Sean Avery, the Corey Perry of announcing!

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

See if Paul "Steggy" Steigerwald would be available.
Everyone outside of Pens fans (though even some Pens fans didn't like him either! :bigteeth: ) thought he was one of the biggest, most biased, annoying, evil, a-hole play by play guy while on the air.

I'd have to hear some clips of him to know for sure.  :)

Chris Cuthbert is good, much better than Jim Hughson, but he's very friendly and calls the game 50:50. I can't tell who the home team is when I flip the game on, not that anyone really is a home team any more anyway.