he #mnwild signed center Joel Eriksson Ek to an eight-year contract.

Bear

Agreed on giroux, I’m not a fan of bringing in aging talent for a top line role. 
when you consider our future cap issues we will need all the young prospects we have to replace the players that will need to be left go. 

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

Just finished watching on YouTube very talented analytic podcast Locked on Wild with Seth Toupal and Alex Micheletti.  Today's program talked about who will replace injured Erickson Ek especially for the next game against Blues. Their prediction is Hartman will be moved to a second line with Greenway and Foligno. Rask will be moved to a 1st line with Kaprizov and Zuccarello. Bjugstad will be a center for a 3rd line and Mason Shaw will be a center for the 4th line. It was an interesting discussion also if Giroux from Flyers will be a nice fit with Fiala. Their GM Fletcher can trade this player to us for a couple Wild promising prospects which he drafted when he was a GM of the Wild team. Another proposal for our team was Hertl from Sharks, but they doubt if that will happen.

36 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

Our Philly fans from the forum would be thrilled to get rid of Giroux. They might have too high hopes for him, but they might as well be on to something, as well. I'd be very worried if Guerin would make a trade for him.

11 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

Agreed on giroux, I’m not a fan of bringing in aging talent for a top line role. 
when you consider our future cap issues we will need all the young prospects we have to replace the players that will need to be left go. 

There was a point in time (right when the Wild were making the playoffs and constantly getting booted by the Blackhawks), when trading for a Claude Giroux would have made sense.
In fact, I proposed that to the Philly forum as a "what if" scenario years ago....much of it was scoffed at.
Understandable from their point of view, but at the same time, right around then, the Flyers were looking for a young top six center replacement and a young puck moving blue liner.

I thought a trade for Giroux (who could be put back in Center where he honestly seems more useful) for something like a package of a young Granlund, Dumba, a middling vet roster player, and a pick would have made sense.

Of course, Giroux LOVES Philadelphia and he has either a NMC or NTC (can't remember which without looking it up right now), AND the Flyers still thought they may be Cup contenders at the time, so a trade like that was never, ever going to happen.

But again, it was a fun "coulda been" mental exercise, and in some alternate hockey universe, a top six that included Giroux, Parise, Zucker, Haula would have been very interesting!

But these days, yea, a trade for Giroux, even if he was very willing, would be detrimental to the Wild, not only because Giroux is on the wrong side of his career peak, but because the Wild at the moment, have such good chemistry and cohesion, one doesn't dare mess with it by bringing in a long time vet from another franchise.

If Minnesota adds, better for it to be from their own coffers in the form of their own prospects who should fit in more seamlessly.
Wild already have the veteran presence players in the form of Spurgeon, Brodin, Foligno, and Zuccarello....any young blood they bring in from their system would only compliment that, as opposed to a possible disjointing, by bringing in someone like Claude Giroux at this stage of his career.

• Like 1

Agreed, with the exception of bringing in a really top prospect or young up and comer centerman from another team.

Doubtfull one exists that another team would part with, but that would be the only way I would bring in anyone other than a roll player.