Sabres 5 Tampa 1 The hot start is official

Buffalo Rick

Say what you want, the Sabres are tough at home.  Now they go to the West coast and starting with the pesky Ducks with Gibson who has won a couple games all by himself from what i have heard.  They were outplayed badly in one game but Gibson stood on his head as they say, and the quacks won.  Ill have to see if they play a back to back, in which unlikely case we would get their backup.  Wishful thinking but Ill check.  I know we visit the Kings.  Sunday at 4 right after the Bills game.  A very rare event and a western NY housewife's worst nightmare.  The Bills and Sabres playing back to back.  The Bills are true contenders, battle tested and will be one of a few teams that have a shot in the AFC.  The Sabres?  Its too early to know.  But some new names have really given them a shot in the arm.  Ill mention 3.  First the defenseman Hagg that we got from the  Flyers  This guy is damn good.  I love what I see so far.  And he is on board.  Caggiula and Hinostroza are two more.  Yes all 3 scored last night,  the last two on quality shots.  Hagg cashed in on an open net from long distance.   There were stretch's where Anderson came through and gave us the chance to win. I think both goalies have been good.  We have to give an edge to Anderson but on a back to back situation its a no brainer to start Toharski.  Whether Luukenen gets a shot later is anybody's guess and will depend on how he is doing in Rochester.  I really hope the Sabres continue to win, but at some point they must settle the Eichel thing.  Eichel is a tremendous talent. Its very hard not to miss him.  I just wish they would settle this.  He should just get the  fusion in my opinion.  He has no idea what he is up against.  I do.

Buffalo was playing tough down the stretch last season. Didn't have a lot of wins to show for it, but they were a tough out most nights.

They are not entirely devoid of talent but there are opens questions as to the ongoing consistency of the production level.

Also teams are going to learn to not sleep on their visits to Buffalo and not expect a pushover when they come calling, either.

Nice start for the Sabres, though!

• Like 1