Bob Murray a duck out of water in anaheim

yave1964

Bob Murray was forced out of Anaheim for being a meany pants and yelling at players, telling them if they dont play better he will send them to the AHL, for telling the coach that if he does not get them to perform better he will be out the door.

My God.

Ok, it has to be me or my age, but I have been verbally abused and harangued by nearly every boss I ever had. I have also probably been more caustic than a lot of folks to people who worked under me who didnt perform up to expectation. I am notorious for never suffering fools gladly.

My god.

So. Is this how it works now? You tell a player to forecheck and backcheck or he gets an AHL paycheck, he climbs under his blanket and calls his therapist and his mom and calls you a meanie pants for trying to demand more out of you? 

My God.

I thought these were men. I thought these were grown adults. I can imagine some of the names he has called the players who have underperformed lately, if i were a duck fan I would have called them a lot of the same things. So how are we supposed to do it? "Gee, Mister Steel, Mister Rackell, I noticed that you are not playing up to expectations, I would really like it if you would consider winning a faceoff every now and then and maybe trying a bit harder in the defensive zone as well? Please and thank you."

My god.

I mean... He also blew a gasket and threw a chair, striking a woman in the chest. I have zero issue with him being hard on players and coaches, but it's beyond unprofessional to be that way with the civilians working in the office.

4 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

I mean... He also blew a gasket and threw a chair, striking a woman in the chest. I have zero issue with him being hard on players and coaches, but it's beyond unprofessional to be that way with the civilians working in the office.

agreed

Bob Murray resigns as Ducks GM, will enter alcohol abuse program

Bob Murray resigns as Ducks GM, will enter alcohol abuse program
Jeff Vinnick/NHLI via Getty Images

•  

The Anaheim Ducks announced that Bob Murray resigned as GM on Wednesday. This comes after Tuesday’s news that he was placed on leave amid an investigation about “accusations of improper professional conduct.”

Bob Murray noted that he plans to enroll in an alcohol abuse program after resigning. Jeff Solomon will serve as interim GM for the Anaheim Ducks.

The NHL released a statement supporting Murray’s decision to resign while also noting that tips through the league hotline led to the Ducks putting him on leave.

Ducks, Bob Murray’s statements after he resigns as GM

In that announcement, Ducks owners Henry and Susan Samueli apologized to “anyone affected by misconduct from Bob” and support his decision to “improve his physical and mental health.”

Bob Murray also released a statement after resigning as Ducks GM, including a “vow to make changes” in his life.

“I want to apologize to anyone adversely affected by my behavior. I vow to make changes to my life, starting with enrolling in a treatment program. I want to thank Henry and Susan Samueli, and Michael Schulman, as working for them has been one of the highlights of my career. As I step away from the Ducks, I will focus my attention on where it should be: improving my life for the betterment of my family and friends.”

The Samuelis also said that the Ducks will begin a search for a new GM that will last “no later than next summer.”