Minnesota Wild vs Dallas Stars, Friday 2-17-23, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

Just now, EmptyShelf said:

Anybody looked at our stats on PP2?  I almost pissed myself.  Gaudreau with 1 pt, Spurgeon with 3 (they have been longest/most on PP2), then Steel with 3, Hartman with 1 pt, Foligno with 2.  There are PPs where Evason gives them 40% of the available time.  Just watch the top teams (see Edmonton, Ottawa, Tampa, LA, Toronto, and others) - they do NOT give PP2 the same opportunity (particularly when they SUCK A55)

Stats like these, coupled with the stale talent, are how you lose games....again, and again, and again.  You simply cannot sacrifice 30-40% of your man advantage with this level of production.  I hate teams run on analytics - but do we use ANY statistical analysis?  Or, does our 'braintrust' just coach on 'feel' and 'all their dated experience?'

5 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Anybody looked at our stats on PP2?  I almost pissed myself.  Gaudreau with 1 pt, Spurgeon with 3 (they have been longest/most on PP2), then Steel with 3, Hartman with 1 pt, Foligno with 2.  There are PPs where Evason gives them 40% of the available time.  Just watch the top teams (see Edmonton, Ottawa, Tampa, LA, Toronto, and others) - they do NOT give PP2 the same opportunity (particularly when they SUCK A55)

A shift in the wind does that to me... Darby's plans and Evason goes by that.

13 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Analytics has killed Baseball and Hockey isn't far behind. 🤬

I am NOT a big fan either.  But, some assessment of failure and stagnation would be WELCOME for me, instead of the definition of insanity for 50+ games.  PP1 is just worlds better than PP2.  Pull them off only when they are completely gassed.  We would add a few goals every few games.  PP2 is an absolute wasteland of 'performance'

2 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Will this game finally cement Gus as #1 in goal?  If not, WTF will it take?

we should have been doing this a long time ago

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/fgen/deadheading-flowers.htm

Edited by bbgarnett
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1