Sabres without Tuch and Dahlin in big game vs Wash. Tuch out two weeks minimum.

Buffalo Rick

15 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Loosing these guys in a playoff push is a nightmare.  I feel like Dahlin may be the bigger of the two but maybe not because Power will get plenty of time. Quinn might be with Thompson and Skinner. 

Losing those two for any length of time for sure is a big blow and a major issue for the Sabres.

That said, NOW everyone will get to see what the Sabres truly have as a team.

Losing a player, even two, of the stature of Tuch and Dahlin shouldn't be a death knell...IF the team truly has talent (Buffalo does!) and DEPTH (that remains to be seen) up and down the lineup.

Yes, the Sabres need more consistent goaltending, but, I STILL maintain that if the defense in front of the goalies, no matter if its Luukko, Anderson, or Comrie, played better, not as many goals go in.
So....losing Dahlin likely is the bigger problem as I believe the Sabres' defense, and their general lack of experience relative to their playoff competitors, will be thinned out even further, causing more chaos in front of Buffalo goalies....and thus making the netminding harder for them than what it is.

Fortunately, I am hearing Dahlin is day to day, meaning maybe he isn't out long term.
Tuch seems to be 'week to week' now. Harsh.

I think the Sabres will be fine in the short term offensively....maybe their goal scoring takes a bit of a dip, but shouldn't be too much....but if Kevin Adams was considering any kind of move, perhaps it should be for a defenseman....maybe ship one of Anderson or Comrie along with a good prospect to another team to get a good defender.

18 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Losing those two for any length of time for sure is a big blow and a major issue for the Sabres.

That said, NOW everyone will get to see what the Sabres truly have as a team.

Losing a player, even two, of the stature of Tuch and Dahlin shouldn't be a death knell...IF the team truly has talent (Buffalo does!) and DEPTH (that remains to be seen) up and down the lineup.

Yes, the Sabres need more consistent goaltending, but, I STILL maintain that if the defense in front of the goalies, no matter if its Luukko, Anderson, or Comrie, played better, not as many goals go in.
So....losing Dahlin likely is the bigger problem as I believe the Sabres' defense, and their general lack of experience relative to their playoff competitors, will be thinned out even further, causing more chaos in front of Buffalo goalies....and thus making the netminding harder for them than what it is.

Fortunately, I am hearing Dahlin is day to day, meaning maybe he isn't out long term.
Tuch seems to be 'week to week' now. Harsh.

I think the Sabres will be fine in the short term offensively....maybe their goal scoring takes a bit of a dip, but shouldn't be too much....but if Kevin Adams was considering any kind of move, perhaps it should be for a defenseman....maybe ship one of Anderson or Comrie along with a good prospect to another team to get a good defender.

I totally agree but who in their right mind would want Comrie?  Anderson?  Maybe.  I would ship Comrie first if I had the choice.  Dahlin is missed more but like you said and I have heard the same, he is short term.  I saw the hit he took. A dirty hit if there ever was one. . His head went off the damn cross bar.  The guy got two freakin minutes. He should be suspended.  Florida and Washington do not worry me one bit.  I believe we are better than all of the teams we are battling.  The Islanders do have better D and goaltending than us.  But we can skate circles around them as far as scoring.  Only Edmonton has more goals than the Sabres and they have played two more games.  We have 5 games in hand on the Isles.  We get Columbus tomorrow night but it wont be the easy walk in the park it would have been a month ago.  They have played far better of late as has Montreal and Anaheim.  Maybe its a case of teams taking them too lightly and them playing desperate? Columbus has been scoring goals.  Ask JR and Edmonton.  We just need to keep winning.  At Boston Thursday looms a tall order.  Especially since we beat them in there last time.  Only thing going against them is they will just be returning from a West coast swing.  That can really throw you off.  Of course I think its tougher going back West after playing in the East because all of a sudden your playing games at 11 oclock EST and it must be exhausting after you were playing in the Eastern time zone. 

Your team is learning on how to win ...... good for them.

We all told you there are good times coming for your team....unlike the utter disaster with the Flyers.

I have Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen in my Keeper League. Would like to see him emerge as a bonafide star.