Sabres, Luukenen lose in OT after 4-2 lead in third

Buffalo Rick

Luukenen is a flopping fish that needs to be thrown back into the Finnish Lake he swam out of.  Worst SO goalie ever.  Worse than Lehner. Uncoordinated and I have not seen him stop one shot in the  two SO games I have seen him in.  He sucks.  Comrie sucks.  Anderson is not bad, in fact pretty good, but likely retires?  Not sure. But Anderson is the only one Id keep as a backup if he wants to play another year. Get rid of the rest. Play Anderson the rest of the way  unless a back to back, then Luukenen is the  lesser of two evils.  Can win you a game in regulation.  No chance in shootout.  Or talk Miller out of retirement. Id beg him. Adams needs to get his ass moving and get us someone.  No room for error now.  Gave last nights point away to a bunch of dirty old men.  Flyers up next.  Anderson had best be in goal

8 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Luukenen is a flopping fish that needs to be thrown back into the Finnish Lake he swam out of.  Worst SO goalie ever.  Worse than Lehner. Uncoordinated and I have not seen him stop one shot in the  two SO games I have seen him in.  He sucks.  Comrie sucks.  Anderson is not bad, in fact pretty good, but likely retires?  Not sure. But Anderson is the only one Id keep as a backup if he wants to play another year. Get rid of the rest. Play Anderson the rest of the way  unless a back to back, then Luukenen is the  lesser of two evils.  Can win you a game in regulation.  No chance in shootout.  Or talk Miller out of retirement. Id beg him. Adams needs to get his ass moving and get us someone.  No room for error now.  Gave last nights point away to a bunch of dirty old men.  Flyers up next.  Anderson had best be in goal

Give him some time to grow .... remember he still is only 24.  It takes some time for goalies to grow.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Give him some time to grow .... remember he still is only 24.  It takes some time for goalies to grow.  

He’s had enough time!  He stinks!!  He is so uncoordinated.  We can’t babysit him any more.  I’ve seen enough of him and Comrie. Luukenen can win in regulation.  Can’t stop a beach ball in a shootout.  Anderson is the only guy I want in there in Philly tomorrow.  The Sabres can score, and Dahlin and Power will be great for years.  The first line, Thompson, Tuch and Skinner is great.  Cozens is great too and can be used with them on power plays.  Quinn and Paterka I love also.  Need another guy like Lebushkin who can play D.  It’s going to be disappointing if we can’t bounce the Islanders or the crappy old Penguins 🐧.

A quicker-than-average snail would have released a shot earlier than Kuznetsov did on the Caps first shootout score.  Yet, in she went.

Doesn’t look good for the Sabres.  (Caps generally suck in comeback situations, yet they succeeded against you’uns.)