Round 1, Game 6: Minnesota Wild vs Dallas Stars, 8:30pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

The brass did a lot this season.
The fans screamed for protection for Kap..They answered.
We needed more offensive D, They got one.
Fans wanted to go with the 'Hot hand' in the PO's, They got it.
Also got guys like MOjo and Nyquist....
It's now up to the players themselves to do something. Everyone else did.

Man, someone other than Kap really does need to step up their offensive game.
Even short handed, Kap is being double teamed.

that means at least TWO other Wild players should be open!
But Dallas doesn't care because no one else is getting anything done with the puck.

• Good Post 1

4 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I thought someone on Dallas may be screaming about a dive on Johansson's part....he went down kinda funny.

But the replay showed he WAS tripped, so good call.

And you know what caused that? Attacking the zone!
More players should do that!

Mojo's the only one who takes it to the net when entering the O-Zone. Everyone else gets in, Holds up and goes to the set up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Mojo's the only one who takes it to the net when entering the O-Zone. Everyone else gets in, Holds up and goes to the set up.

Yea, and before anyone thinks I am not aware, I realize Kap has been pretty much held off the scoresheet.
A star like him SHOULD find ways to get on the board, but that's the thing...Dallas has him locked down like a convict on a 25 to life sentence in a maximum security prison!

I guarantee you if Zucc, Boldy, Nyquist...anyone else is producing or at least being legit threats, it would loosed the hold the Stars have on Kap and he wouldn't have to keep facing two or three guys on him every time he touches the puck.

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yea, and before anyone thinks I am not aware, I realize Kap has been pretty much held off the scoresheet.
A star like him SHOULD find ways to get on the board, but that's the thing...Dallas has him locked down like a convict on a 25 to life sentence in a maximum security prison!

I guarantee you if Zucc, Boldy, Nyquist...anyone else is producing or at least being legit threats, it would loosed the hold the Stars have on Kap and he wouldn't have to keep facing two or three guys on him every time he touches the puck.

Kap could drive the net but even he goes in and then sets it up, Wether he wants to or not. 

Just now, ClusterChuck said:

Kap could drive the net but even he goes in and then sets it up, Wether he wants to or not. 

True.
That goes to what I said about "a star player like him needs to find ways".
And in the playoffs, like he learned last year, he won't see nearly the same amount of time and space he is accustomed to.
But again, it SURE would be easier if there were other scoring threats in the lineup...at least get Dallas to think about other players other than Kap.

He did draw a penalty on Benn doing just what you said though...which is nice.
Also, Boldy shooting more earlier.

Those two need to do that consistently. Not just the one n done.....or the team WILL BE one n done once again this playoff season!

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Those two need to do that consistently. Not just the one n done.....or the team WILL BE one n done once again this playoff season!

About 3 games too late to establish that. Maybe some luck or great effort in the 2nd to take attention off Kap.
We need a momentum changer one way or the other.

1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

THIS!  It is utterly annoying to watch.  Go to the net with the puck and pressure them (Hintz did it for a goal, he didn't wait for 'help').  It is getting SO old.

4 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

THIS!  It is utterly annoying to watch.  Go to the net with the puck and pressure them (Hintz did it for a goal, he didn't wait for 'help').  It is getting SO old.

We have the talent and yet we don't use it. The whole 'Set plays' has driven me nuts all season.

2 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

I am also over Klingon's OLE' defense.  I won't miss him.

He's the only one of the signings this season I doubt will be back. Maybe Reaves too.

Suter then went on to hold Boldy down behind the net. Such cr4p.
He doesn't give a rip about getting the Cup, His only goal is to stick it to BG. 

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Dallas doing pretty much what they want in the Wild defensive zone.
Recipe for being down 2-0 if that continues...

We better tie this up before Dallas gets their first PP, Which will come soon by the way they're skating circles around us.