🏒Karlsson confirms talks with Canes, Kraken, Leafs, Penguins👀

TheGx sports betting forum copy and paste machines reporting:

Norris Trophy winner Erik Karlsson shed light on his possible landing spot.

The 33-year-old confirmed to Adam Johansson from Swedish outlet Expressen that he's spoken with the Carolina Hurricanes, Pittsburgh Penguins, Seattle Kraken, and Toronto Maple Leafs, among other teams.

Karlsson, who's seeking a trade from the San Jose Sharks, has already spoken about his interest in joining a contending team. He tallied a career-high 25 goals and 101 points in 82 games during a resurgent campaign last season. Karlsson also led the Sharks in scoring and captured his third Norris Trophy.

The Hurricanes, Kraken, Maple Leafs, and Penguins have been the primary teams reportedly interested in Karlsson. The Athletic's Rob Rossi reported in July that Pittsburgh's Sidney Crosby and Kris Letang endorsed Kyle Dubas' pursuit of Karlsson.

"I just want the best chance to get to the best team," Karlsson said, according to TSN's translation of his interview in Swedish.

Complicating a trade is Karlsson's massive $11.5-million cap hit, full no-move clause, and four years remaining on his contract.

Only the Anaheim Ducks and Chicago Blackhawks could bring in Karlsson's full salary without a subsequent move to clear cap space, according to CapFriendly's projections. Of the teams Karlsson confirmed he's spoken with, the Hurricanes have the most room to work with at just $2.5 million.

Edited by pilldoc
Links to other forums or gambling sites not allowed

56 minutes ago, thegx.ca said:

Man if Toronto gets him I'll definitely take them to win the Cup this year or next...Treliving picking up where he left off in Calgary when they were in win now mode...

I'm not so sure about that.

I would imagine acquiring Karlsson would involve giving up quite a bit so I would have to see how much of the Leafs team is actually LEFT after such a major acquisition.
Add in the salary gymnastics that would be necessary (it CAN be done, I am sure), and what other big contracts may need to be moved out (Nylander??) due to the cap, oh, and the goaltending situation needs to be resolved...will it??....and a Leafs team that somehow managed to acquire an elite player like Karlsson, may find itself severely lacking in other areas and be no better off as a Cup contender than they were previously.

I am pretty sure Toronto will ice a good enough playoff team this coming season, and even the next.....but an auto Cup team? Even with Karlsson? Hmm. They gonna have to prove that to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I'm not so sure about that.

I would imagine acquiring Karlsson would involve giving up quite a bit so I would have to see how much of the Leafs team is actually LEFT after such a major acquisition.
Add in the salary gymnastics that would be necessary (it CAN be done, I am sure), and what other big contracts may need to be moved out (Nylander??) due to the cap, oh, and the goaltending situation needs to be resolved...will it??....and a Leafs team that somehow managed to acquire an elite player like Karlsson, may find itself severely lacking in other areas and be no better off as a Cup contender than they were previously.

I am pretty sure Toronto will ice a good enough playoff team this coming season, and even the next.....but an auto Cup team? Even with Karlsson? Hmm. They gonna have to prove that to me.

Maybe they'll move Nylander there for picks too for Karlsson...either way Treliving going all in just like in Calgary he probably wanted Lucic again but Looch probably retiring in Boston this season so he settled for Reaves...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...