Tarasenko Signs with Sens 1 yr at 5 million

pilldoc

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/ottawa-senators-sign-vladimir-tarasenko-to-one-year-5-million-contract-1.1989299

The Ottawa Senators have signed forward Vladimir Tarasenko to a one-year, $5 million contract.

Tarasenko, 31, split the 2022-23 season between the St. Louis Blues and New York Rangers, posting 18 goals and 32 assists in 69 games.

Where does he slot ???  Top Line with Stutzle and Tkachuk?  Top PP minutes?  Could give him a rebound year.

Edited by pilldoc
  • Good Post 1

55 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

You know what?
I don't see a downside for the Sens here. Nor for Tarasenko for that matter.

With him, Ottawa will have a top six of Stutzle and Norris down the middle, and Tkachuk, Tarasenko, Batherson, and Giroux on the wings.
And they STILL have Kubalik they could put in there if one of those players struggles

Senators could have a very dangerous offense, and both PP units should theoretically be good.
Even with a so-called 'down year', Vladimir still put up 50 pts. Lots of NHL players would LOVE it if a down year for them were a lousy 50 pts!
Unless Tarasenko has some lingering and/or hidden injury, and EVEN if he just puts up those same 50 pts again for the Sens (if he is healthy he certainly is good for much more!), it's a win for the Sens!

And for Vladimir, well, he can always parlay that into a bigger contract if he does well, or get traded to a contender if he is doing well, but Ottawa bombs again on the season.

Ottawa's real weakness will be in goal prevention by their defense...something Jakub Chychrun is supposed to help with, and of course, who knows which Jonas Korpisalo they get, and can Anton Forsberg put together another decent season.

The NHL's Atlantic Division continues to get more and more offensively dangerous though!

Yeah I agree this is what Ottawa needs and $5M for one year not much of a gamble low risk high rewards here👍

9 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Great get. Aggressive Taresenko should offset loss of debrincat nicely. 30 goals very realistic.

Especially if he is on the line with Stutzle.   Me likey as I have Stutzle as one of my keepers. :) 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Especially if he is on the line with Stutzle.   Me likey as I have Stutzle as one of my keepers. :) 

I had him in very thick pencil ✏️ Carolina bound to play with Aho and Svechnikov thought it was a perfect fit, love Ottawa top six now. Great get. 

• Like 1