New Uniforms

CoachX

I brought myself to watch a game for the first time in a season and a half. The team was still boring, but they did compete. But what stood out most to me are these new jerseys. I HATE THEM!

Seriously, I didn't know if I was watching the Flyers, or the Florida Panthers. I get what they did here, combining the 70s with the 80s, but in my opinion, they failed miserably. In today's game, with all the possibilities for jerseys, Im disappointed this was what they came up with. And I know many of you love the nostalgia of the old school name placards, but I think they look cheap. Leave it to the Flyers to take what was essentially a quick fix idea and turn it into fashoin statement.

The game I was watching was against LVK. I dont really like all their colors, but I definitely like their style. I thought I was watching a pro team playing against a beer league pick up squad

@CoachX

Well they say taste is in your mouth for a reason.

I don't know who they are, but I've heard some people say this.

I like the black numbers on the sleeves. I don't mind the name plates either. The new orange is eh... okay. 

I liked the traffic cone orange to be honest. Made for easy jokes about bad skaters. 

There seems to be a trend to either go all in on the sizzle like Seattle and LVK, or keep it simple, I think the Flyers are trying to do the latter. FTR I love the Kraken kits, and the LVK sweaters are kind of beautiful up close.

I have been just "whelmed" by the uniform refresh.

I do like the dual logos at center ice at the rink though. I also like the idea of the team trying to re-embrace the city after the Comcast people came in and tried to make them into the Washington Nationals or some ****.

18 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Well they say taste is in your mouth for a reason.

I don't know who they are, but I've heard some people say this.

pretty sure she walks Central Blvd carrying a Big Gulp and charging 50 for her time

Ok, that was too much and poor cop humor. Apologies to those....

Some of the third jerseys they've had were pretty cool. Its just seems like our fan base are diehards with the traditional style look. Im ok with that, but I don't think they did enough here. If they removed the name plates, outlined the shoulder numbers, and put black piping between the orange shoulders and white body, it would look better

• Like 1