Wild vs Flames; Tuesday 12/05/23; 8:00 PM CT; Scotiabank Saddledome Arena

Alexandron

KK isn’t the only star off to a slow start this year: ovechkin, Huberdeau, M. Tkachuk, are behind, Tavares, Stone and Malkin equal to, and Hintz, deBrincat, Barzal , Marchand and Robertson just a few points above.  Curious rough start for a lot of really skilled players. 

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

KK isn’t the only star off to a slow start this year: ovechkin, Huberdeau, M. Tkachuk, are behind, Tavares, Stone and Malkin equal to, and Hintz, deBrincat, Barzal , Marchand and Robertson just a few points above.  Curious rough start for a lot of really skilled players. 

Isn't Kap supposidly still injured a bit?

7 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Passing has greatly improved lately especially the skate to stick moves.
Hope that goal sparks Foligno now.

I still see some horrendous cross-ice passes behind or in the blades.  We have looked better, but came into the season lacking crisp and concise play - looks like preseason practice was a few days/weeks for a light skate and a round of golf.  I liked DE as a person, but his in-game strategy, favoritism, line-ups, and lack of focus upon practicing small details and simple hockey were hair-pulling in terms of frustration.  We will see if this bench boss falls into the same trap once the shine is off. 

3 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Isn't Kap supposidly still injured a bit?

That’s the story.  He does look less nimble and dynamic.  I wonder it if was some sort of core tear or ligament stretch that has not healed quite right.  He also makes 4-5 passes a game where there are blatant whiffs, so his As/Pts should be 8-15 higher (if players converted even 1/3 of the easier ones).   It is his lack of goals that are more worrying;  and the turn-overs, which is why I think there is an issue.  He is a little less strong on the puck and lacks a bit of his ‘pull away’ gear.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Stuck hearing the Flames announcers but they're pretty good.
Always something with nhl sixty-six. :P
But I'll take a sharp feed everytime.

Well, at least they aren’t still polishing Johnny G/Hockeys knob like they used to. 😂

5 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

I still see some horrendous cross-ice passes behind or in the blades.  We have looked better, but came into the season lacking crisp and concise play - looks like preseason practice was a few days/weeks for a light skate and a round of golf.  I liked DE as a person, but his in-game strategy, favoritism, line-ups, and lack of focus upon practicing small details and simple hockey were hair-pulling in terms of frustration.  We will see if this bench boss falls into the same trap once the shine is off. 

As proven, That'll be up to the players. ;)

• Like 1

With Marcus Nohansson producing no better than a 4th line grinder, I am looking forward to seeing Yurov (12-15-27 in 34 games), and Riley Heidt (leading all major junior leagues with 53 points in 26 games (14 Gs and 39 As).   ‘Help will be given to anyone that asks for it….’   Matt Boldy….So, tell BG to get this chump off your line ASAP🙄

Just now, EmptyShelf said:

With Marcus Nohansson producing no better than a 4th line grinder, I am looking forward to seeing Yurov (12-15-27 in 34 games), and Riley Heidt (leading all major junior leagues with 53 points in 26 games (14 Gs and 39 As).   ‘Help will be given to anyone that asks for it….’   Matt Boldy….So, tell BG to get this chump off your line ASAP🙄

He's the only one who can consistently enter the zone and keep the puck on his stick. :P