Boston Potential “Trade” Proposal ….

Dr OTH

• pilldoc changed the title to Boston Potential “Trade” Proposal ….

Grizz is too small for 7 game series and Ullmark costs too much. Swayman and Bussi are the future. Plus Ullmark’s GAA is near 3 and save percentage is approach .900

Bruins could use another solid C in Couture. Poitras is great but won’t cut it yet in a physical 7 games series (needs to fill out still). Blackwood is NHL tested and can fill in if Swayman is injured.  Its a gamble but my guess is any NHL goalie would do substantially better in front of Bs team D

1 hour ago, Dr OTH said:

Grizz is too small for 7 game series and Ullmark costs too much. Swayman and Bussi are the future. Plus Ullmark’s GAA is near 3 and save percentage is approach .900

Bruins could use another solid C in Couture. Poitras is great but won’t cut it yet in a physical 7 games series (needs to fill out still). Blackwood is NHL tested and can fill in if Swayman is injured.  Its a gamble but my guess is any NHL goalie would do substantially better in front of Bs team D

Playing armchair GM IS fun...I do it too from time to time, BUT...

For me, part of the fun is conjuring up trades that at least have a somewhat realistic possibility....so that when/if they happen, I can smile a mile long saying, "Yep, yep...I TOLD the GM to do that!" 😄

Soooo, that said, while this may be not bad ( @Brewin Flames disagrees obviously ;) ) due to the simple fact of getting Logan Couture for a run NOW, I fail to see what San Jose gets out of this and why they'd entertain this.

They aren't going anywhere, sure, but, for a player like Couture, who likely would be coveted as a top 9 (if not top 6) center who does basically everything, I would think they'd get a lot more than an 'undersized defenseman', and what is turning into a journeyman and possibly a 'system' goalie in Ullmark (San Jose HAS no system...not an effective one right now anyways, so Ullmark would suffer there).

Basically if the San Jose GM were deaf, dumb, and blind (in other words, if Lou Lamoriello, Chuck Fletcher, Paul Holmgren, or Paul Fenton were in charge :bigteeth: ), then Boston may get away with stealing Couture away, but also taking the chance in this year where they are looking for a Cup, that Swayman CAN take them all the way.....and with Blackwood, he just may have to do that.

Blacker is solid (another system goalie who may do better with the Bruins than he did with the Sharks or Devils when their defense was still terribad), but is oft injured.

From the Sharks perspective, this gets the phone hung up quick.
Where are the good young players with real upside? Undersized defensemen? Plenty of those out there.
Ullmark does nothing for them....ohhh, and where are the PICKS!!?? 
Because face it, that is the real gold the Sharks should be looking for...those and almost NHL ready players.

Bruins don't have high picks this coming year.
They do have a 1st next year.
Even if the Sharks were to go along with these players (I seriously doubt it), Boston doesn't have the draft currency to seal the deal.

This trade proposal, IMO,  dies in the brain of its concoctor....will never see the light of day as is.

Welcome to the site though.
Some more armchair GM'ing would be fun...lots of us here are overall NHL fans even though we have our favorite teams, so we pay good attention league wide....but, errrr, some trades that actually MIGHT happen as opposed to one sided fantasy stuff like this, perhaps?  :rolleyes: 

See ya round the boards, @Dr OTH

• Like 1