Wild vs Hurricanes; Tuesday 02/27/24; 7:00 PM CT; Xcel Energy Center Arena

Alexandron

6 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

When I said I wanted to see more secondary scoring, That didn't mean L1 takes a night off. 😅

Probably they read your message and decided to become invisible. 🤔

Edited by Alexandron
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

I do not think our team will be able to place a goal in 8 minutes left of the game. Kind of skeptical after watching this game. They are too passive tonight.

I think they've been battling very well.
The Deweys have been the most impressive tonight.

Disappointed loss on our home ice. They didn't meet our goal to place 5 goals per game. Like I said before for our goalies team must to net 5 goals. Everything less is very fragile for hope in our win. Last game against Kraken was an example, how we should play.  Or at least to place a double five like we did against Canucks 10:7. 😎

We'll need to win 2 out of every 3 from here on out.
Can't afford any 2 gm loss streaks.

5 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Disappointed loss on our home ice. They didn't meet our goal to place 5 goals per game. Like I said before for our goalies team must to net 5 goals. Everything less is very fragile for hope in our win. Last game against Kraken was an example, how we should play.  Or at least to place a double five like we did against Canucks 10:7. 😎

😅
We don't need 5+ goals a night (It would be nice) but holding opponents to 2 or less would be better. 

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

We'll need to win 2 out of every 3 from here on out.
Can't afford any 2 gm loss streaks.

😅
We don't need 5+ goals a night (It would be nice) but holding opponents to 2 or less would be better. 

Agreed. We can't afford any 2 games loss streaks. Are we capable on holding opponents consistently to 2 goals or less? For me it is a big question regarding our team. Next 2 games against Predators (on Thursday) and against Blues(on Saturday) on the road will be a huge test for us. Probably, those games will be crucial games for the Wild team for this season.🤔 If they will lose both games then they should think about golfing soon. 

For all of the ways when Minnesota found a way to win against Edmonton, Seattle and Vancouver before that.  They found a way to lose against Carolina.  A lazy shift at the end of the 2nd period led to a game-tying goal.  While Chisholm moves the puck well; he is not the most responsible defender.  

Toss in Kaprizov and Eriksson Ek being held scoreless and you have another loss.  A missed opportunity indeed.  

Oh and since someone wants to talk about PWHL team.  Watched the end of that one too.  Minnesota has no clue what to do during 3-on-3 overtime.  They seem to think it's some kind of 1-on-1 contest.  As much as I loathe the current 3-on-3 style of waiting and weaving that the NHL / AHL employs it really is the smartest strategy.  The solo attack is what we used to see in the Parise / Suter days...and they get caught extending their shifts and it gives the opposing team an easy 2-on-1 or 3-on-1...and you get burned.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

that was for PWHL Minnesota 

I figured that out later.😁
Just the timing of Dewars first goal and then you posting that, Then how we all have other names for players like Krueger, Goldy etc had me all confused.
My feed was buffering a lot midway in the 3rd too.

• Haha 1