Pospisil's hit on Dunn 11/4/24

Ok, it's a major and game misconduct for boarding, that's legit, but why the hell is Dunn staying there, three feet from the boards, almost waiting to be dangerously hit. As a Dman in such position, you have to protect yourself and not put yourself into a vulnerable position. That's exactly what Dunn did.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Math said:

Ok, it's a major and game misconduct for boarding, that's legit, but why the hell is Dunn staying there, three feet from the boards, almost waiting to be dangerously hit. As a Dman in such position, you have to protect yourself and not put yourself into a vulnerable position. That's exactly what Dunn did.

I 100% agree....

But, i also feel that Pops should know better than to drill a guy in the Numbers like that. He'll get his at some point.

4 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

I 100% agree....

But, i also feel that Pops should know better than to drill a guy in the Numbers like that. He'll get his at some point.

Looked like he hit from the side not from behind...to me it looks like hit right at his arms and armpit area so I agree with the no penalty called on the play...

2 minutes ago, thegx.ca said:

Looked like he hit from the side not from behind...to me it looks like hit right at his arms and armpit area so I agree with the no penalty called on the play...

100% he turned into the play and the hit became shoulder on shoulder not from behind. There is no way the defenceman didn't see the opposition skating towards him before he turned and then again in the reflection in the glass. Yet he still turned into it which is incredibly stupid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Flames' Martin Pospisil suspended three games for boardingNEW YORK -- Calgary Flames rookie forward Martin Pospisil was suspended for three games without pay Wednesday for boarding Seattle Kraken defenseman Vince Dunn.

Pospisil was given a major penalty and a game misconduct for hitting Dunn into the end boards from behind during the third period Monday night in Seattle's 4-2 victory in Calgary.

The suspension will cost Pospisil $12,109. He has six goals and nine assists in 45 games this season.

• Uggh... 1