Sabres, Luukenen SO Islanders

The Sabres win over the Islanders, 4-0, might be their biggest win of the year.  They are making it interesting.  The Red Wings are next, who they not only beat the other day but Detroit has lost 7 in a row.  It’s not impossible for the Sabres to run down a team like the Islanders for the final playoff spot.  Luukenen has really come through .

• Like 1

Well well now...
Big win indeed!

Don't look now, but these Sabres are just 3 pts out of the final wild card spot....with the Islanders, Captials, and Wings ahead of them...and NEITHER of those teams being a lock for anything!

Definitely could be an interesting stretch of games for Buffalo as the season winds down!

On 3/15/2024 at 9:21 AM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well well now...
Big win indeed!

Don't look now, but these Sabres are just 3 pts out of the final wild card spot....with the Islanders, Captials, and Wings ahead of them...and NEITHER of those teams being a lock for anything!

Definitely could be an interesting stretch of games for Buffalo as the season winds down!

I really am starting to believe.  I am hoping Quinn is close to returning as he could help.  Up on the Red Wings as I type.  They have lost 7 in a row and they were playing very well not that long ago.  Thompson is heating up.  Just scored and had 6 point game two back.  Luukenen has been solid.  The Penguins are crap now.   So we should finish ahead of them.  The Blues playing well too but not sure if they will get in? 

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

Don’t do it Rick, that’s how they get you! 😂

Yes,  and they lose to Detroit.  And the Capitals steal two out West.  They need a long streak .  Losing Quinn really set them back.  They at least finally have their goalie.  I just don’t know how Adams is still the GM.  He should be gone.