Jeff Dubay

I’m sure some of you remember Dubay and PA on KFAN when they had their morning show. Unfortunately Dubay can’t stay clean. He had life by the balls 

PA's old sidekick is apparently back to his old ways. from the Strib:

Jeff Dubay, a former longtime sports radio personality in the Twin Cities, is due in court next week stemming from the latest of his many drug-related run-ins with the law.

Dubay left jail Wednesday after he was charged in Todd County District Court with felony third-degree possession of a narcotic and driving under the influence of drugs after a state trooper pulled him over in West Union earlier this month. Charges say he was wearing only a blanket while he was soaked in vegetable oil.

Dubay, 56, living now in Grand Forks, N.D., posted bond and is due back in court Monday. Dubay told the Star Tribune in a brief phone call that "the police report is full of misinformation and horrible assumptions."

On the evening of March 8, a state trooper saw an SUV traveling erratically before stopping in the West Union Catholic Church parking lot. The SUV then left the parking lot, prompting the trooper to pull the driver over.

Dubay explained he was heading to Fargo and got off the freeway in order to get the Minnesota Gophers hockey game on his cellphone. Dubay, beneath a blanket and naked, said he had been sleeping at a rest stop near Avon earlier.

The trooper saw that Dubay was restless, speaking rapidly and sweaty. He explained that he stopped taking his medication. He acknowledged using methamphetamine about a week earlier.

As Dubay got out of his SUV to perform sobriety testing, he was covered in vegetable oil that came from a bottle he had with him. Drug smugglers have been known to use various cooking oils to conceal meth as it is shipped.

Dubay failed numerous aspects of the sobriety testing. A law enforcement search of his vehicle turned up methamphetamine and two small bottles of adhesive remover. "It was supected that Dubay may have been huffing from those bottles," the charges read. While at the jail, Dubay acknowledged using meth that morning.

This isn’t directed at anyone, just my 2 cents…

I know it’s human nature to be a misery ghoul and gloat over what befalls others, but I think it’s kind of sad that Dubay has fallen so far. 

He is someone’s son or brother or relative, and I hope he can figure out his demons before it is too late. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IllaZilla said:

This isn’t directed at anyone, just my 2 cents…

I know it’s human nature to be a misery ghoul and gloat over what befalls others, but I think it’s kind of sad that Dubay has fallen so far. 

He is someone’s son or brother or relative, and I hope he can figure out his demons before it is too late. 

Totally agree. I’ve met him and actually had a beer with him after a game in Grand Forks when he was with KFAN. Good guy who knew the game of hockey. Had a great gig with PA. He was sober for a couple years but the demons apparently reared its ugly head again 

• Like 1

This was a long time ago.  But I only met Jeff one time; a friend of mine was part of his hockey show he was doing for a podcast network run by Tom Bernard's son called the Alive & Social Network.  Dubay, being an experienced KFAN guy was the host and they had a Wild-focused one called Wild Wednesdays.  

So one time when I was in town over the holidays, @MNSOTA and I went to Burger Moe's right near the X where they were recording and he was going to have me come on.  I had never been on a podcast before.  He seemed to have kind of a nervous / anxious when the show wasn't live (like during an ad) but then get laser focused as soon as you were live.  

He gave me a brief introduction and I was super nervous, and then he's asking me what the team needed to do.  I gave my two cents, he didn't scoff or make me feel like a complete dope.  I shared my thoughts and then we kept talking about the Wild and then Gopher hockey for about 30 minutes.  This had to have been shortly after he was let go by KSTP 1500 around 2015 would be my guess.  

As he'd get into trouble again, he didn't want to kill the momentum of Wild Wednesdays so he passed it on to some others.  Other shows on this network included the first edition of Russo's Male Pattern Podcast.  Gorg had a short-lived show on here too as well as others about fishing, police, movies and restaurant reviews and other things.  I was part of a few episodes of Wild Wednesdays with this new crew, where they broadcast the shows from Bennett's Chophouse farther down 7th Ave.  It was a nice location, but they put us right in the middle of the restaurant and you kind of felt like you were everyone's way. 

Anyways, back to Jeff...he was very kind but you could tell he was being chased by demons of some kind.  He had a girlfriend arrive at Burger Moe's, she was cute and her arrival didn't exactly calm his nerves.  I said this on Twitter, but I really hope he finds and receives the help he needs to get and stay clean. 

I didn't know he had moved to Grand Forks, the last I had heard he was working as a bartender / podcaster at a place in Oakdale, Minnesota.    

• Like 2