Wild vs Avalanche; Thursday 04/04/24; 7:00 PM CT; Xcel Energy Center Arena

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

Crap

Crap x4 this game. I think game is over and the playoffs season is 500% is over too for the wild club.

Gustavsson was a biggest disappointment this season. As well as was Gaudreau. He has only 4 goals; 10 assists; +/- -19 in 61 games. In SO he was not good this season too. For $2,100,000 per season. How much cost his goals per season? Last season he had 19 goals; 19 assists; +/- +10 in 82 games. The other disappointment is Johansson. He has 10 goals;18 assists; +/- -11 in 70 played games for  $2,000,000 contract per season. Last season he had almost a point per game(18 points) in 20 played games for the Wild team (6 goals; 12 assists;+/- +6). For those 2 players are the worst stats this season.

2 minutes ago, wildstars95 said:

50 shots into crest of goalie  and posts ,   legs ....😏

I never thought we'd end up closer to 50 sogs than the Av's
We still played well until giving up the 4th goal and even after.

• Uggh... 2

Ridiculous result after 46 shots in Colorado's net. This club is not capable to bring FIRSTOV here. Unbelievable. Gaudreau and Johansson should be benched and to think how to place goals. I am saying this for a long time. Enough to see them anymore. I have seen them entire season. And we are expecting from Khusnutdinov in this line any goals? Place him with Firstov and Rossi. 

Khusnutdinov definitely needs players that fit him better. Gaudreau can't keep up. 

But I don't know if they can afford to bring anyone else in?

I don't know how much cap space they have left.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

2nd 1/2 of the game is how we should play games. There wasn't fancy passing, Just took over the shot dept.

And where were our snipers? What happened with them. Lettieri and Chisholm placed 2 goals.

MacKinnon has 130 points already. We let him do everything what he wanted this game. And he had 1 goal and 2 assists tonight.

• Uggh... 1

12 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Crap x4 this game. I think game is over and the playoffs season is 500% is over too for the wild club.

Gustavsson was a biggest disappointment this season. As well as was Gaudreau. He has only 4 goals; 10 assists; +/- -19 in 61 games. In SO he was not good this season too. For $2,100,000 per season. How much cost his goals per season? Last season he had 19 goals; 19 assists; +/- +10 in 82 games. The other disappointment is Johansson. He has 10 goals;18 assists; +/- -11 in 70 played games for  $2,000,000 contract per season. Last season he had almost a point per game(18 points) in 20 played games for the Wild team (6 goals; 12 assists;+/- +6). For those 2 players are the worst stats this season.

To be fair, Comparing their stats from the previous season isn't comparable imo.
Take all the injuries this season, The Wild brought up guys and focused on where to put them and just 'plug and played' Freddie and Mojo constantly mixing them with players mostly on L3 and L4.
I just think guys like them need consistent linemates for consistency.
Both of them the previous season had time on L1 and L2 so that easily helped their stats.
Sure they could've done a lot better this year but I give them a slight pass for what I mentioned.
Probably tried to trade them but with no takers. Next season will be intersting onwhat happens to them.

Just now, Alexandron said:

And where were our snipers? What happened with them. Lettieri and Chisholm placed 2 goals.

MacKinnon has 130 points already. We let him do everything what he wanted this game. And he had 1 goal and 2 assists tonight.

That too...Kap, Boldy, etc went cold the last 2 games.

• Uggh... 1

3 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

Khusnutdinov definitely needs players that fit him better. Gaudreau can't keep up. 

But I don't know if they can afford to bring anyone else in?

I don't know how much cap space they have left.

I hope enough space for Firstov. I do not want to see Gaudreau anymore. After signing a " handshaking "contract he stopped playing. Same story as it was with Parise and Suter.

3 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

To be fair, Comparing their stats from the previous season isn't comparable imo.
Take all the injuries this season, The Wild brought up guys and focused on where to put them and just 'plug and played' Freddie and Mojo constantly mixing them with players mostly on L3 and L4.
I just think guys like them need consistent linemates for consistency.
Both of them the previous season had time on L1 and L2 so that easily helped their stats.
Sure they could've done a lot better this year but I give them a slight pass for what I mentioned.
Probably tried to trade them but with no takers. Next season will be intersting onwhat happens to them.

I think Gaudreau has a contract with us for 5 years for $10,000,000. Last season we had an injuries too on Kaprizov; EEK.... But Gaudreau was capable to produce in any line to help the team.  And his +/- -19 this season is horrible result. 

10 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

I think Gaudreau has a contract with us for 5 years for $10,000,000. Last season we had an injuries too on Kaprizov; EEK.... But Gaudreau was capable to produce in any line to help the team.  And his +/- -19 this season is horrible result. 

Yep, 2.1M per but tradable at that price. * ( So 3 and a 1/2 more seasons before UFA)
Mojo is an UFA after next season so I expect a trade before that to get something.

Edited by ClusterChuck
  • Good Post 1

In my opinion, Guerin must to have a personal talk with Gaudreau and Johansson regarding next season. This season was completely not acceptable for those players. If they would produce this season total at least 30 goals, than we would be in a different position this season. Sadly they produced only 14 goals (4 Gaudreau and 10 Johansson) this year. Too little for this money.

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

Yep, 2.1M per but tradable at that price. * ( So 3 and a 1/2 more seasons before UFA)
Mojo is an UFA after next season so I expect a trade before that to get something.

I hope so. GM will trade them both. I can't see them anymore. Puck control is not enough for the NHL, they must to produce. If not then it is a time to go to other team to try their play somewhere else. Just my 2c. for a huge business in sports.

We have Firstov and Ohgren came from Sweden now. They both should be here and merit for a tryout before the season ends because both put a lot efforts to get into a professional hockey.

After the game tonight our race for a wild card is done, better to start building a chemistry with available promising prospects. That is our single option now.