New Injury Updates and Time Tables

Guest PHI Flyers10

INJURY UPDATE: Flyers GM Paul Holmgren announced that Andrej Meszaros is 2-4 weeks from return due to back surgery; JVR is 2-3 weeks from return due to foot surgery; Briere is out indefinitely with a back injury; Grossmann is day-to-day with a lower-body injury.

That is a big time table for Meszaros, 2 weeks is obviously the best for 4 weeks could mean the team would have to make it out of the second round before he's fully ready. Grossmann sounds like he should be ready to go for the playoffs. JvR is what we expected but my biggest concern is Briere. A back contusion doesn't sound bad, so I wonder if it's more than that? Hopefully he's ready to go soon.

Edit: This is from their Facebook page by the way. http://www.facebook.com/philadelphiaflyers

Edited by PHI Flyers10

Game 5 is prolly going to be Saturday two weeks from now. Jvr had boot removed. Needs conditioning. Mez is ahead of schedule with aiming for the lower end of his time out will be another two weeks. Grossmann is ready for playoffs and so is briere. He will be fine for gm 1. Sestito is riding a bike and will skate next week

Briere's back is also spasming.

That sucks. I had really bad spasms to where I could barely walk for a week at a time from playing hockey when I was in high school a couple years ago. Walking to class was a ***** but it mostly sucked to have to miss practices. Hopefully he gets better fast.