Best win of the year....

Guest B21

Not the best game they have played but by far the best win of the season.

No Letang.

No Martin.

Crosby leaves early in the 1st with a puck to the face and does not return. (Unbelievable that there was no call on the puck.)

Kunitz gets 5 and a game for what would even have been a questionble 2:00 boarding call. Apparently shoulder to shoulder is boarding now. (Feel so Flyerlike complaining like that but it needed to be said.)

Adversity? Who cares. Kill the 5:00 including 2:00 of 5 on 3 after a well deserved tripping call on Orpik.

Cooke was an absolute beast on the PK then scores the winner. Killed off 2:00 literally on his own.

Then Martin starts yapping at him off the faceoff so Cooke buries him in the corner followed by Adams a few seconds later. Thank you for yapping, Mr. Martin. :)

Then Vokoun stops Grabner on a clean break away.

8 goals allowed in the last 10 games. Shutout streak at 160+ minutes.

Who would have thought that Crankshaft would get his first point as a Pen before Morrow or Iginla?

Not the best game they have played but by far the best win of the season.

No Letang.

No Martin.

Crosby leaves early in the 1st with a puck to the face and does not return. (Unbelievable that there was no call on the puck.)

Kunitz gets 5 and a game for what would even have been a questionble 2:00 boarding call. Apparently shoulder to shoulder is boarding now. (Feel so Flyerlike complaining like that but it needed to be said.)

Adversity? Who cares. Kill the 5:00 including 2:00 of 5 on 3 after a well deserved tripping call on Orpik.

Cooke was an absolute beast on the PK then scores the winner. Killed off 2:00 literally on his own.

Then Martin starts yapping at him off the faceoff so Cooke buries him in the corner followed by Adams a few seconds later. Thank you for yapping, Mr. Martin. :)

Then Vokoun stops Grabner on a clean break away.

8 goals allowed in the last 10 games. Shutout streak at 160+ minutes.

Who would have thought that Crankshaft would get his first point as a Pen before Morrow or Iginla?

The atmosphere in the Center was oppressive. All the excitement for Iginla's arrival vanished when Sid went off the ice. It just took all the wind out of the sails. It wasn't until they killed the five minute major with the two minutes 5v3 that the place woke up again.

And the greatest part of the day was a seven or right year old kid in the row behind me, on his feet the entire game shouting what to do to the players. He was so excited and knew them all by name. Was the highlight of the game for me! Lol I think there's a lifelong Pens fan there much like my own sons.

Solid playoff style game played there after the Sid thing. PK was fantastic today, they are now starting to gel quite well. I think that will be the only thing that will keep Glass in the lineup. At this point, with TK being moved down to the fourth line, he could be the biggest loser here.

Kunitz 5 min check from behind, meh, not deserved. If they wanted to call 2 for interference, I'm okay with it as he hadn't gotten to the puck, but 5 minutes? Look at the Coburn hit on Dupuis(Not picking on the Flyers in particular, just a point of reference), that was worse. I think the official called based on the end result instead of the play itself, that play happens every game, in this case the player loses his balance and goes into the boards funny and he gets a five. They were just getting the goal line on that, so it wasn't even as if they were worrying about the boards yet. Oh well, I think that the kill gave the Pens the momentum they needed for the rest of the game.

I liked the physical response of the Pens in the third too. Even Geno got into it with a nice plant on Matt Moulsen.

Murry looks slow at times, but he's able to use his body well, as long as he can get that frame between the puck and an opposing player along the boards, he''l win that board battle easily. He can hit too, which just adds to the physical nature of the team.

THIS is the Vokoun that we have been waiting for, maybe THIS will push Fleury a little further. Two shutouts in a row for Vokoun.

Iggy's gonna have some fun as soon as he realize he has linemates who are just as good, or better than he is. I don't think he was ready for Malkin and Neals speed, and put them offsides several times today.