New Body Checking Rules ?

Guest hf101

@brelic

Fair point.

I don't have a good response to you buddy. I'm a dinosaur I guess. I wish to reiterate my key point that I'm talking about rules re hitting for Tier 1 players only. Elite players are elite players at all ages. Even the guys and girls who make those teams who aren't big, or aren't stars or whatever, they all play at that level until they don't. They should learn early.

Did you follow the story in NS about that kid who got clocked in peewee and sustained a concussion? Poor kid. There was a CBC show where he and his mom called in. ANyway, he had to be in a dark room for about a month or so. No light and no noise of any kind. He said he was starting to go crazy. No reading, no cell phone, TV, computer, music. Just sit there and wait for your brain to be ok.

A colleague at work went through the same thing after being concussed. Pretty scary stuff.

Injuries are going to happen. The question is how to limit them.

If I was king of hockey, I'd eliminate all armor-plated pads. I'd make sure that charging infractions got whistled as they were in the past. Dunno why officials stopped calling the old two stride limit, but with the size and speed of players nowadays, it's time to reinforce that call.

Just sit there and wait for your brain to be ok.

What do you think I do all day?

I do know the story you're talking about. I'm sure it contributed to the decision, last month, by Hockey NS to ban hitting in Peewee, which kind of triggered the the national ban. So yeah, I blame Hockey NS for ruining my beloved sport ;)

If I was king of hockey, I'd eliminate all armor-plated pads. I'd make sure that charging infractions got whistled as they were in the past. Dunno why officials stopped calling the old two stride limit, but with the size and speed of players nowadays, it's time to reinforce that call.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

I think they may have to actually change the definition of charging....