My NHL Draft research complete these are the top 5 in order I like for us

Mario99

Anthony Mantha is a poor man's Mike Bossy, you cant have a whole team of grinders you need guys with skill to go with the bangers, remember Rick McLeish

I watched Mantha this year and was not overly excited by him. I would be pissed if we took him with the 11th pick.

@TimKerrFan12 Agreed, that is far to high to select Mantha there. If they really wanted him (and I'm not confident they do) you could move down 8-10 slots and still get him, and pick up a 2nd rounder to boot. This would be a poor hockey move though, gotta take the player at 11, it would be worth it.

• Like 2

Call me crazy, but if Monahan somehow slips to 11 (and I don't think he will)...I'd still take Horvat over Monahan. Not a knock on Monahan, he does everything really well, just hink Horvat will be the better pro.

I'd still take Horvat over Monahan.

Really? Wow.

Here's the question for Flyer fans: let' say Monahan does slip to 11, you have to know Homer is gonna take him as the most natural centre in the draft (ok MacKinnon's a pretty good centre) and as BPA likely.

Cure the debate!

@Podein25 Maybe it's just me, but when I see Monahan, he reminds me of Mike FIsher...he does everything well, but not many things great. I think he will be a good solid pro, but not a star. Horvat has star written all over him.