Bergeron,Toews out for game 6?

hf101

Bergeron was taken to the hospital during the third period of game 5. Some of us speculated back, or concussion. I read one report that it may have been from a hit in the first period delivered by Rosival. Can't seem to find a video of that yet.

Toews on the other hand was delivered a blow by Boychuk and sat out the third period. Looks as if it is something Shanny may review.

So we will have to wait to see if Bergeron, Toews or maybe even Boychuk plays game 6 on Monday.

I thought it was cool that Chicago had Toews on the bench for the entire third in case they drew a too many men penalty so he could serve it rather than a player who was still in the game. Intelligent move.

IMHO Toews is a much better player than Bergeron, who is a solid player and no disrespect meant toward him. Toews is almost irreplaceable to the Hawks as they have a wonderful collection of talent but are weak down he middle at center. Kane might move over but frankly he is inadequate at the position. Boston has Krejci, Kelly and can plug in the inexperienced but talented Soderberg. Not saying the Hawks cannot win, they are too skilled to say something like that but it really hurts losing their most irreplaceable player. It would be like Boston losing Chara and Chicago losing Keith. Keith is great but has solid blue liners all around him, Chara is a man among boys. That is Toews ^ Bergeron.

Edited by yave1964

Nick Kypreos is reporting that the injury may be spleen related.

Maybe Boston will come out in game 6 with the kind of effort they showed in the third period to take game 6. But without Bergeron I think that the task could be too great. I don't think I could go there and say Toews is a "much better" player than Bergeron. Maybe Boston has more tools to shift around but without Bergeron they are going to have a difficult time winning game 6.

• Like 1

Nick Kypreos is reporting that the injury may be spleen related.

Maybe Boston will come out in game 6 with the kind of effort they showed in the third period to take game 6. But without Bergeron I think that the task could be too great. I don't think I could go there and say Toews is a "much better" player than Bergeron. Maybe Boston has more tools to shift around but without Bergeron they are going to have a difficult time winning game 6.

I think what I meant to say, (Sorry was still on my first cup of coffee) was that Toews is the most irreplaceable player for either team in the series. Not disrespecting Bergeron by saying he is essentially Toews lite.