Alfie out Ryan in

Guest yave1964

What a day for the Sens.

First the captain and all time greatest Senator Daniel Alfredson leaves out of the blue and signing with the Wings. Ottawa was morose, Bryan Murray the GM is being reviled in the city.

Then they go out and stick it to their Ottawa neighbor to the south, signing Clarke MacArthur away from the Leafs.

And now the Biggie. Bobby 'I left my heart in Philly' Ryan for Silferberg, Noessen and a first rounder. Murray can now come out of hiding.

Within hours the city went from the lowest depths to the highest highs. It come down to:

Alfie and Silferberg plus a first for:

Ryan and MacArthur

Gotta love it. Bryan Murray was handed lemons, he made lemonade and got younger to boot. Great job by one of the most underated organizations in the game.

• Like 1

@yave1964 The Sens are going to be a handful next year. If Spezza somehow comes back and contributes, they will be elite. Even without Spezz, they are a force to be reckoned with. I expect Cowan to grow by leaps and bounds....and Stone is not talked about, but wow what great hands on that kid. It was a good move to allow Zibanejad to get his feet wet last year, expect him to make the roster out of training camp. Factor in all that with the knowldege that Turris will look a lot better with experience...and they have one of the best bottom 6's in the league. Great character and speed in their bottom six....Sens fans are gonna have some fun this year!

• Like 1

@B21 Love the new avatar, great classic logo right there! Maybe it's just cause he's a Windsor resident, but when I see that logo, I think Rick Kehoe.

It was time for a change...in keeping with the opening of free agency.

@B21 Love the new avatar, great classic logo right there! Maybe it's just cause he's a Windsor resident, but when I see that logo, I think Rick Kehoe.

Speaking of which....get an avatar up!

@B21 ha ha.....it's really embarassing to admit, but my computer skills are so horrid, I have trouble with that kinda stuff. Don't know how I got the Spiderman one up, it was pure luck. Maybe I can pick one out and 101 can help me out....lol.