Nashville seriously trying to improve

Look at all the moves by Nashville today!

F Matt Cullen Nashville Minnesota Read story ›› F Eric Nystrom Nashville Dallas Read story ›› F Matt Hendricks Nashville Washington Read story ›› G Carter Hutton Nashville Chicago Read story ›› G Jeremy Smith Columbus Nashville Read story ›› F Viktor Stalberg Nashville Chicago Read story ››

Maybe they're trying to turn around their offense? BUt still no real big names up front...

Edited by Polaris922

@Polaris922 Guess not many Nashville fans here? That's one thing I wish, that this site would be somewhat more spread out with its fan base. So I'm not sure if my involvement here will be long-term. I know some of the guys make effort to comment on non-Flyer content but can't help feeling bit left out. It's a shame cuz such good content & writing on here with many knowledgeable guys. The fact that I'm no expert either I guess doesn't help..haha.

One of my fave goalies of all is Pekka Rinne...can't forget his play in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics! He was unbelievable...but I guess his record has waned a bit recently? I read that he had hip surgery not long ago but is supposed to be ready for next season if there's no setbacks. The curious thing is that they've now signed Carter Hutton as his back-up in order to take some of the load off Rinne, even though Carter is a junior leaguer whose only NHL experience is playing 1 day for the Blackhawks end of last season?? Hopefully, they've got a good plan in case there's any issues with Rinne's hip!

(Sorry you had no response here for all your research work!) :o

Edited by goalnut3133

@Polaris922 Guess not many Nashville fans here? That's one thing I wish, that this site would be somewhat more spread out with its fan base. So I'm not sure if my involvement here will be long-term. I know some of the guys make effort to comment on non-Flyer content but can't help feeling bit left out. It's a shame cuz such good content & writing on here with many knowledgeable guys. The fact that I'm no expert either I guess doesn't help..haha.

One of my fave goalies of all is Pekka Rinne...can't forget his play in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics! He was unbelievable...but I guess his record has waned a bit recently? I read that he had hip surgery not long ago but is supposed to be ready for next season if there's no setbacks. The curious thing is that they've now signed Carter Hutton as his back-up in order to take some of the load off Rinne, even though Carter is a junior leaguer whose only NHL experience is playing 1 day for the Blackhawks end of last season?? Hopefully, they've got a good plan in case there's any issues with Rinne's hip!

(Sorry you had no response here for all your research work!) :o/>

Was ten seconds bud! And there was a duplicate post topic in the Flyers forum for some reason that is essentially the same.

Yeah the site is lopsided right now but that's because it started from a Flyers based site and the first contributors migrated from there. It takes time and admittedly it can be tough to get folks to stick with it when they feel alone with their logo. I stick it out because some of the Flyers fans are actually hockey fans first, and will discuss pretty much any team any time. There are a couple negatives but you learn to ignore them and just talk hockey.

As for Rinne.. There are many in this site that put him top three in the league. I hadn't heard about the hip issue. That can really ruin a goalie! It'll be interesting to see if he bounces back and if so, will he be able to shoulder the load he usually does.

• Like 1

This is a great forum if you give it a shot. I would say it is five or six sided, Polaris and his boys with the Pens, a bunch of us Wings fans, sabre fans, a new Capital fan.

Let me advise you, bring a friend from another site. Build your Canuck base. I agree it can get kind of frustrating with the Flyer dominance in here but you have more latitude in here to express yourself without fear of recrimination unless you just plain outright are trying to troll.

I have a few other sites I play around in, post occasionally, enjoy the Red Wing Camradirie but for the most part you get lost in the shuffle. This is a smaller forum that you can build friendships and enjoy the give and take a bit more. Start posting in the Capitals, Sabres, Penguins and wings boys forums, you may draw more over to your Canuck forum as well. It is a pretty bright articulate group and quite a few of us are Hockey fans first and fans of our team second.

• Like 2

Now on to Nashville.

Rinne, Jones and Weber on the back end is a heck of a start.

This is an organization that has never had a top line forward, five minutes of Forsberg and a couple of shifts from a Kariya is about it. Carrie Underwoods husband. Really, really sad actually. What this club does have is an amazing coach who understands small markets and gets his boys to play a system, and as ften as not are competitive.

No superstars, Filip Forsberg coming in this year, Cullen with his 50-55 points, Nystrom with his two way play, Hendricks hanging and banging, Stalberg with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove after being the odd man out in Chicago. I think there are teams in the West such as the Kings and Hawks who deserve to be favored, but Nashville is in the mix with the best of the rest. And with a great management team, don't count them out.

@yave1964 Thanks for the encouragement Yave! I am willing to try it for a while & see. Prob is that where I am, I don't get to see much of those division's hockey teams play, unless I decide to subscribe to a new sports channel..haha. It would help if I could watch those more Eastern teams play. If I decide to stay, I may just do that! I'd really be interested to watch Emery & Mason play for Philly next season. Prob is I don't have friends who would join a forum like this, they have other priorities, let's just say..haha. But I totally agree, I really like that it is a smaller forum to get to know each other, that is a big plus amongst others here.

• Like 1

@yave1964 Thanks for the encouragement Yave! I am willing to try it for a while & see. Prob is that where I am, I don't get to see much of those division's hockey teams play, unless I decide to subscribe to a new sports channel..haha. It would help if I could watch those more Eastern teams play. If I decide to stay, I may just do that! I'd really be interested to watch Emery & Mason play for Philly next season. Prob is I don't have friends who would join a forum like this, they have other priorities, let's just say..haha. But I totally agree, I really like that it is a smaller forum to get to know each other, that is a big plus amongst others here.

I'm interested in all things hockey so I'll try to follow along with you on your 'Nucks. I already follow the Wings fairly close as they were always my Western team, and I follow the Flyers because you have to know Thine enemy, so to speak. Now the Wings are an enemy too. Lol. Your 'Nucks are off the radar here for the most part, but I'll brush up as we go!

• Like 1

I'm interested in all things hockey so I'll try to follow along with you on your 'Nucks. I already follow the Wings fairly close as they were always my Western team, and I follow the Flyers because you have to know Thine enemy, so to speak. Now the Wings are an enemy too. Lol. Your 'Nucks are off the radar here for the most part, but I'll brush up as we go!

'Know Thine enemy'...haha, that's a good one! Thanks for the effort Polaris...really really nice of you! :D

• Like 1

Hang in there brother, it is forums like this that have made me a much more rounded fan of the sport, it is truthfully a challenge to take the time posting what you might think is a valuable insight in the team of your choice and then dying a bit inside as nobody responds to your post and in the Flyer forum you see 3,164 comments lamenting the release of a Jody freakin Shelley, but don't write for others, learn to write for yourself and you might be surprised to develop a smll but loyal following in here. The upper management do a wonderful job of trying to put their own two cents in when a thoughtful post is put in place, they do a wonderful job. And worse come to worse, if you cannot beat them, join them!! Poke around in the Flyer forum, they welcome and encourage posts from other fans. You may get ripped on a bit about the Sedin Sisters or prima donna Bobby Lu just like I get crucified constantly because they don't like Nick Kronwall and the tough but honest way he plays the game (As a Canuck fan after the way my boy destroyed Kessler a few years ago you would likely take their side, lol). Flyers fans can be tough in their own forum, they are knowledgeable and aren't afraid to al you out when they disagree with you, but mostly in good fun.

Have fun dude,

Dave

• Like 2