AHL Outdoor game to be played in Rochester

Buffalo Rick

The Sabres farm team the Rochester Americans will host the Lake Erie Loch Monsters in an outdoor game at Frontier field in downtown Rochester. Dec 13th is the date and this being a great hockey town it will sell. This town supports the Sabres and Americans both very well. An alumni game between Sabres and Amerks will be played two days later outdoors as well.

Junkie-I am an Amerks season ticket holder and I agree that Rochester supports the Amerks/Sabres extremely well, almost to a fault. The Frozen Frontier in December should be interesting. Sight lines may not be great but you cant do much in a minor league baseball stadium.

• 2 weeks later...

Junkie-I am an Amerks season ticket holder and I agree that Rochester supports the Amerks/Sabres extremely well, almost to a fault. The Frozen Frontier in December should be interesting. Sight lines may not be great but you cant do much in a minor league baseball stadium.

Isn't it amazing you can buy a season ticket for the Amerks for pretty much the same price as one Sabres game.  I am wondering how they will pull off an outdoor game in California?  Even though it never rains in Southern California as the song goes.