Well i gues we arent going 82-0

Guest yave1964

Bruins looked sharp last night, real sharp like a team trying to set the tone and stake claim to superiority in the division. The Wings looked flat and tired like a club who had played three games in four nights. That pretty well sums it up.

Jordan Caron looks like he is finally ready to get his career on track. Chris Kelly may have been the best Bruin forward through the first critical two periods yesterday, had one quality shift after another.

Kindl played a poor game, so did Kronwall. Both seemed to have pucks constantly jumping over their sticks all night, especially in their own zone.

Just one of those nights. Now back home for a pair before returning to Beantown for the second time in a little more than a week, the next time I will be there in my McCarty jersey cheering the boys on.

Call me a traitor, but I honestly didn't think they'd win that game.  Coming off a game in Carolina, then a 3 hour flight for a game against the Bruins...? However, they looked sloppier than even I had expected.  And to think, my wife and I were considering a weekend trip to Boston centered around that game, along with the fall foliage.  Good thing we decided to stay home!

Now they get a few extra days to rest up and work on that power play.  Oh-fer! 

I didn't get to see the game, but sloppy play at the beginning of the season is to be expected, even if they hadn't played the night before. They've got players that are still learning the system. Same with the powerplay. I'll not be worried until around the 20 game mark if things still aren't clicking.

Call me a traitor, but I honestly didn't think they'd win that game.  Coming off a game in Carolina, then a 3 hour flight for a game against the Bruins...? However, they looked sloppier than even I had expected.  And to think, my wife and I were considering a weekend trip to Boston centered around that game, along with the fall foliage.  Good thing we decided to stay home!

Now they get a few extra days to rest up and work on that power play.  Oh-fer!

If you're a traitor, how's this: if we don't see fast--and I mean fast--improvement of the PP, I think we've got to let Renney go. This problem is a continuation from last year. True, toward the end of the season, we finally started coming around...until the playoffs. This is NOT just about this season. If things don't change rapidly, the problem is systemic, and it's time for a change.

• Like 1

@SpikeDDS

Agreed, the power play needs work.  I've been a little leery about Renney, the same way I've been leery about Franzen.  We're just not seeing the results.  The PP is forever trying to get the puck inside of the defense when the opposing PK is collapsing around the goaltender.  We have Alfredsson, Kronwall, Ericsson, and Samuelsson....a bunch of Swedes with a powerful point shot.  Let's use it again!  Stick Franzen/Cleary in front of the net, and smart puck-handling forwards in the slot to shag rebounds.