I believe in Berube

caluso

I think Berube is exactly who we need at this time - someone who will hold the team accountable. I love the demotion of Timonen from the first power play unit. As much as I respect Timo's toughness and heart, I couldn't watch him waste valuable power play seconds doing absolutely nothing with the puck at the point anymore. He was really a terrible power play quarterback the past few years, despite the team's successful pp percentage.

Additionally, I could not believe it when i read that the Flyers started the season out of shape. How was that possible? I mean, really, how the heck was that possible? I was thrilled Berube recognized that and focused on getting them in shape.

Having said that, I think Berube's hiring means trouble for L Schenn, Couturier and others....GREAT NEWS, as far as I am concerned.

• Like 2

I think Berube is exactly who we need at this time - someone who will hold the team accountable. I love the demotion of Timonen from the first power play unit. As much as I respect Timo's toughness and heart, I couldn't watch him waste valuable power play seconds doing absolutely nothing with the puck at the point anymore. He was really a terrible power play quarterback the past few years, despite the team's successful pp percentage.

Additionally, I could not believe it when i read that the Flyers started the season out of shape. How was that possible? I mean, really, how the heck was that possible? I was thrilled Berube recognized that and focused on getting them in shape.

Having said that, I think Berube's hiring means trouble for L Schenn, Couturier and others....GREAT NEWS, as far as I am concerned.

Luke is 23

Sean is 20

Perhaps Chief can get more from them than Lavy could. They're still pretty young, and have been getting OJT in the NHL, I think both have been better this year, especially 14, I see him looking to make offensive plays but not having any guys who "get it " on his wings.

I think Chief has been good in his new role.

I'm not sure I would put Couturier in that group which is in trouble.  Against the Isles he led the forwards in ice time.  At even strength he was 3rd among forwards, but was only about 20 seconds behind both Voracek and B. Schenn.  The lowest minutes for defenseman at ES was not Schenn, but Timonen.  

I think you are seeing Berube giving the young guys responsibility.