Kevin Dineen Fired, Horachek hired as Replacement

hf101

Kevin Dineen has payed for the Florida Panthers poor start to the season.

The team announced Dineen has been fired along with assistant coaches Craig Ramsay and Gord Murphy.

The Panthers have struggled out of the gate this year with a 3-9-4 record. They finished last year with the worst record in the league at 15-27-6.

Dineen was in the third year of coaching the Panthers.

Peter Horachek, head coach of the team's AHL affiliate in San Antonio, was named the team's interim coach. Former NHLers Brian Skrudland and John Madden will join the staff.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=436136

The team announced Dineen has been fired along with assistant coaches Craig Ramsay and Gord Murphy.

All have ties to the Flyers :)

Next step is a fire sale in Florida. Watch the vets start moving out the door

Florida still has to stay above the cap floor, so they can't rid themselves of too much dead weight.

I really know nothing of Horachek as a replacement.  Nice to see Madden getting a coaching opportunity.  I would have preferred the Flyers having Madden instead of Lappy, but I'll bet he was never even considered.

The Panthers are a disaster right now from the ridiculous thought that Tim Thomas was still an NHL goaltender and all the way back. My personal opinion is Tallon is a decent GM but I have been having second thoughts on that for a while now.

Too many bad contracts given to players who were left over from other clubs just to get to the cap floor. A few good solid draft picks, I LOVE Bjugstad watched him in college a giant among boys. Too many Brad Boyes and not enough Aleksander Barkovs. Tallon calls this the "First of many changes. If players don't respond to this they wont be Panthers very long." IMHO an empty threat as the cap floor will keep that from happening. A poisoned clubhouse and an organization in big trouble. I really do not know how this organization has managed to stay in Florida in the first place. Can you say Portland Panthers?

I really know nothing of Horachek as a replacement. 

Horachek was the coach here in San Antonio. He had the team playing fast, winning races to loose pucks, and getting lots of shots. I expect we will see the same from the Panthers. The problems I saw were that the glut of shots were not quality shots and the team doesn't play very good defense.