Coyotes-Hawks, Nov. 14, 2013

Chicago Hawkie

This will be an interesting, and tough, game.  In the 2011-12 season, the Hawks had a very difficult time with the Coyotes, ending that season by being bounced out in the first round of the playoffs by Phoenix.

Last season, the Hawks had their way with the Coyotes.

I have a hunch this will be a tougher matchup than last year.  The Coyotes have being doing rather well this season despite the yearly questions about whether the Coyotes will stay in Phoenix or not.

Mike Smith is a solid goalie who can, in the words of Arturs Irbe back in the late 1990s, "be like wall".  Shane Doan has been a mainstay on the Coyotes and Keith Yandle nas given the Hawks fits in the past.

Interesting matchup. Hawks will have their hands full, Ribiero was an under the radar signing who is a perfect Yote, Vermette is the leagues faceoff king, Smith has been on and off but when he is on he is unbeatable, gonna be a fun game.

Looking forward to watching this one, should be fun!  I agree, Ribiero has been a good & valuable addition for the Yotes...however, not so good news in him reinforcing their lineup when it comes to the Hawks, and especially the Nucks in our Division rivalry...yeeesh! :wacko: Lol.

@goalnut3133

I have a hunch this is goign to be a throwdown of a game>  To me, the Coyotes seem like a team with a hard edge.  Unfortunately, since I have to get up early for work, I have to DVR some of the game and watch the rest of it as I am having my breakfast (hoping that my breakfast doesn't end up on the wall by the end of the game :lol: ).

@hf101

It ended in a 5-4 shootout win.  While I'm not a big fan of shootouts, I'll take it.  :)

The entire game was a shootout, IMO, and I certainly hope the Hawks don't draw the Yotes in the first round.  Not too surprising that Captain Yote Shane Doan got one of the Coyote goals.

Unfortunately, I missed the end of the shootout because I didn't have my DVR set for enough time, so I had to ask some of my coworkers how it ended.  Most of the time, they are all too happy to spoil the score.  :P