most. boring. game. ever.

yave1964

Thoughts on last nights 2-1 loss to the Panthers

Great goal by Cleary to get the Wings going. First goal in 24 games.

The Panthers first goal was clearly stopped under Gustafssons pad and the ref screwed up by not blowing the whistle. It was under the pad for three or four seconds before being tapped loose and intot he net.

Huberdeau was a man among boys last night, scoring the winner and playing a sound game.

Bjugstad who I have followed since college is a big boy, threw his weight around nicely. He lost his stick at least three times which I felt was unusual, I don't know if he was trying to draw penalties but he kept losing his stick.

I hate Tim Thomas. Really do. one of my least favorite players and root against him. I really do and hated that the Wings lost to him.

There seemed to be a speed bump at the blue line that forced the Wings to slow down every time they entered the Panthers zone. The Panthers in the third after taking the lead seemed to line five across the blue line refusing entry and the Wings with the exception of Alfredsson and occasionally the mule seemed able to conquer the defense.

Kronwall looked tentative. Lashoff blocked a shot with his cup. Quincey was bad. Smith regressed again.

Datsyuk is due back hopefully on Tuesday in florida. God I hope so, the club is almost unwatchable right now.

@yave1964

Monster had a good night other than the fact he lost. The two goals weren't really his fault.

A number of posts for both teams. More for Florida I think.

Franzen had a couple of glorious opportunities where he shot high or wide. Just didn't execute on his shots last night,

Did Laschoff ever return? He left the ice and went to the dressing room. Anyone know?

Emmerton was the man most responsible for the go-ahead goal, not taking the back door guy. He had all day in the slot with the puck, and Jonas had no chance.

Babs said they were tired. Could be right. Cleary said they just stopped skating in the late second and third periods. Could be tight too.

Helene St. James had an article in the Freep calling for KH to trade Quincey. Thoughts?

@SpikeDDS

I kind of hope we do not deal Quincey, as a bottom pair d- man he is okay, as long as he plays in his role.

Lashoff returned but ouch what a place to take a shot.

They looked tired, I thought Alfie played a solid game. Yeah, Emmerton has no business on the club but injuries cause what they cause. Just hoping we can break even until all the big boys get back. Boston is seriously banged up now.

@SpikeDDS

Trade Quincey...

He is such a liability with his lousy play.  His salary is way too high to overlook.  He came to this club with the chips on his side when Detroit needed a D-man in a bad way.  That's not the case anymore.  I know @yave1964 thinks he can stay on as a bottom D-man, but I'm sure we can get that kind of performance for a smaller salary.  Might even give us a little cap flexibility to bring yet another Griffin up in case of *gasp* further injuries.

Looking forward to Datsyuk's return.  Will be interested to see what he does.  He's been gone long enough to lose a step or two, but not long enough for the rust to form.  If nothing else, it'll be a moral victory for the team, and likely a chance to send Emmerton back down I-96.