Phaneuf gets two games for boarding

yave1964

Lost in the shuffle of all the shenanigans between the Bruins and Penguins, was a brutal boarding penalty by Dion Phaneuf on rookie Bruin Kevan Miller, Brendan Shanahan has slapped Dion with a two game suspension for the hit. 

It was a tough rugged hit, the player away from the boards, two games seems about right for this one.

I'm good with it. Phaneuf doesn't have a history of bad hits and if I recall Miller was kind of falling when Phaneuf was already committed to the hit. This might help him in contract negotiations depending on how bad the Leafs D is without him. And they're pretty bad WITH him.

I'm good with it. Phaneuf doesn't have a history of bad hits and if I recall Miller was kind of falling when Phaneuf was already committed to the hit. This might help him in contract negotiations depending on how bad the Leafs D is without him. And they're pretty bad WITH him.

I was afraid that Phaneuf would get five games as Cody McLeod got for drilling Kronwall and Lapierre got for hitting Dan Boyle. Frankly I felt 5 games for each of them was too severe and was worried that Shanny would do the same here.