Carcillo traded to the Rangers

hf101

Well, normally I would say the Rangers are falling further down the spiral (and they still could be), however, I also believe that Alain Vigneault has an affinity for a certain type of...ahem...donkey rear end player (i.e. Alex Burrows, Matt Cooke, Todd Bertuzzi as examples), and thus, I find myself not at all surprised to see Carcillo now picked up by the Rangers.

Oh well.

After having Sean Avery and Matthew Barnaby on the team in the past, I am sure NY Rangers fans will find Carcillo tame by comparison....

@TropicalFruitGirl26

What doesn't make sense though is they had the perfect player in Brandon Prust and let him walk away.  The Rangers have never been a real threat since.

Yep. The Prust non-resign was a blunder...among many by the Rangers since acquiring Rick Nash in fact...

Don't have it on official authority, but it could have been the Rangers viewed Prust as simply an "enforcer", nothing more, and thus weren't willing to pay Prust the relatively paltry 2.5 million per the Habs are paying him.

Ridiculous of course, but Prust did much more than just hit and fight...and thus worth more than Carcillo, Clowe, Asham, or anyone else they have tried to plug in there.

Hell, Prust probably could have been a good checking/passing winger for Rick Freakin Nash for chrissakes....

Anyone wanna start a pool on how long it will take Dan Carcillo to do something incredibly stupid wearing a Rangers jersey to try to "impress" his new team...only to be lost via suspension for a good amount of games?

Just...LOL..

• Like 1

@TropicalFruitGirl26

What doesn't make sense though is they had the perfect player in Brandon Prust and let him walk away.  The Rangers have never been a real threat since.

Wow. I never really realized this before and you're totally right. I remember the days of Gaborik, Callahan, Stephan, Giradri, and Lundqvist bringing the cup back to the big Apple. All of the mentioned players are currently having a bad year as are the Rangers. Gaborik isn't even there anymore. 

@TropicalFruitGirl26

"I also believe that Alain Vigneault has an affinity for a certain type of...ahem...donkey rear end player (i.e. Alex Burrows, Matt Cooke, Todd Bertuzzi as examples), and thus, I find myself not at all surprised to see Carcillo now picked up by the Rangers."

That is so true ... :lol: