new red wings fan joining forum

billyuk23

so glad we won 2-0 against the vancouver canucks great game great points to can't wait for the winter olympics and see datsyuk play :D

Same here! Welcome to the forum, lots of great folks post in here glad to see another Wing fan!

@billyuk23

Welcome!  Our numbers are climbing!  Glad to see you here!

The interesting thing about Datsyuk is that I hope he DOESN'T play!  Think of it....  Datsyuk doesn't play in the Olympics, which means the USA has a MUCH better chance of winning gold.  At the same time, Datsyuk does not spend 2 grueling weeks in Sochi skating his guts out on a bad leg, but gets rest and additional therapy, then runs rough-shod over the league when they return. 

Yeah I know I wanted to see datsyuk play but the same time I want him to rest so his better when he plays for red wings can't wait to see him in action for red wings again so excited and thanks for welcoming me both of you :)

@billyuk23

Welcome to the group.

I'm with @WingNut722. I'm happy for Datsyuk being able to play for his country, but honestly I think it would be better for him if he didn't.

Remember in 1997, Sergei Federov sat out in a contract dispute. When he came back just before the deadline, they gave him $12M in incentives if they won the cup (or it may just have been to get to the finals...can't remember). But him sitting out that whole season gave him fresh legs, and he was a step ahead of everybody in the SCPs. And he was a big reason why they won the Cup that year. I HATED him for sitting out! But hindsight told me it was actually a good thing.

The point is that I would love to have a similarly-rested Pavel Datsyuk entering the SCPs.