Zach Bogosian finally developing?

yave1964

I have given a lot of grief to Zach bogosian for being a chronic underachiever over the years, taken in the draft one pick ahead of Alex Pietrangelo does not help his case any.

That said, he is rounding into shape as a solid defender in his own zone, his first pass is still suspect at best but short of that I love his over al game. He shoots a lot, bangs bodies, blocks shots, he only has 8 points in the firs thalf but missed 15 games earlier in the year. With the development of Trouba it has allowed Bogosian to work on his game, averaging near 23 minutes a game and a plus player for the first time in five years. Not saying he will ever be a star, not by any stretch but he is becoming a big bruising body with a booming shot who will hit anything. solid 2nd pair blueliner who can run the 2nd power play. Overall my kind of player, under the radar with the pressure off he is doing just fine.

• 11 months later...

There is a rumour out there that three of the injured defensemen were in treatment for drug abuse. I hope it isn't true they have a bright future if they can stay clean.

It might explain why no one seen them injured in a game.

The rumour is that the one veteran d-man was the worst offender, and was bringing at least one other defensman done with him. The newspapers in Winnipeg figure one defensemen will be traded all though they have kept the cocaine rumours out of the media.

Archived