Cam Ward on market, may lessen chance of Miller leaving?

Buffalo Rick

Cam Ward is one heck of a goalie.  I am pretty shocked Carolina is putting him out there.  Why?  Have they found a good young goalie?  I think this takes the pressure off and leaves the door open a bit more for Miller to stay in Buffalo?  Maybe.  Ward will draw some attention for sure.  

I had read that Carolina was willing to trade any of their 3 goalies.  Would Ward get most in return?? Are you sure they are trading Ward?  His cap hit is $6.3 millon for the next 2 years.  Ouch...

Ward is available.  But he won't be cheap.  He is an elite goalie in this league for sure.  I respect him very much.  

Cam Ward is one heck of a goalie.  I am pretty shocked Carolina is putting him out there.  Why?  Have they found a good young goalie?  I think this takes the pressure off and leaves the door open a bit more for Miller to stay in Buffalo?  Maybe.  Ward will draw some attention for sure.  

I just don't get why you want to hurt your team so much (retaining Miller).  At some point, you have to open your eyes and see the light that's practically sunburning your nose.  

I just don't get why you want to hurt your team so much (retaining Miller).  At some point, you have to open your eyes and see the light that's practically sunburning your nose.  

You have your opinions and I have mine.  I have been a fan of the game since 1967.  I know alot about hockey.  I understand the game

You have your opinions and I have mine.  I have been a fan of the game since 1967.  I know alot about hockey.  I understand the game

I know a lot of people who have been fans of the game for decades.. myself included.  My point though wasn't questioning your self-lit torch of wisdom on the game.. it was more about this infatuation you have with keeping Miller when there is a chance he could bring your team something meaningful in the long run.. maybe even that elite goalie of the future you're hoping for?  I agree they shouldn't trade him away for a bag of pucks...  but if they can get pieces that help build for the future, why are you so against it?