Temmu Pulkkinen debut tonight against the Oilers

jammer2

You Wings fans must be pretty pumped, the arrival of yet another young star in the Motor City. From all reports, this kid has a wickedly powerful shot, one of the best around...period. He leads all AHL rookies with 26 goals. When Thomas Jurco went down with a rib injury, he was called up to see what he can do. Apparently, he has an absolute rocket, which explains why he plays the point on the second power play unit in Grand Rapids. He's one of those talents that just might make it impossible for Holland to send him back down. Holland takes some heat on this board, but here is yet another young talent with a bright future. They seem to come in waves and just don't stop coming, this franchise has nothing to worry about, the future is secure, and on display tonight.

I think the Wings are about cooked, one healthy center but I am interested in seeing this kid. I don't know about this year fantasy wise, I have been looking at either him or Kuznetsov or him but now I lost Bernier and Anderson is nicked up so my netminding needs protected a bit more than adding a scorer. He might be worth adding as Jurco is out at least 2 weeks and likely longer.

@jammer2

I wouldn't say Ken Holland "takes heat" on this board.  While some of us might not agree with his decisions or maybe have gone in a different direction, we all understand why he does the things he does and generally believe that he is one of the best GMs in the game.

Now, with regard to Pulkkinen, it'll be a lot of fun to see this new guy step up and shine.  His big chance.  Like Nuke Laloosh goin' to the show! :-)

You'd think that with so many minor league call-ups, they would just have the team wear Grand Rapids Griffin's sweaters on the ice instead of the Winged Wheel.

@WingNut722  I was kinda under the impression Yave wanted Holland gone, so it was a reference to his dislike. I just didn't want to single him out, but didn't mean to imply that everyone disliked him. After so many years of Clarke and Homer, I'd kill for a GM like Ken.

@WingNut722@jammer2

I unequivocally DO want Holland gone, he needs to retire and rest on his laurels which are significant. While he continues to sit on his rear and the teams struggles become more glaring every season and we start slipping towards mediocrity we have lost two of the finest young minds in the game, Steve Yzerman and Jim Nill to other posts where both are doing fine jobs. I feel we made a mistake not giving Holland a well deserved gold watch and a rocking chair and giving one of these fine gentleman the opportunity to take the reins. Holland did a great job but in the same way as Holmstrom moved on and gave up his job to Tatar we should have given Nill the chance to run the Wings, new blood is needed to revitalized and continue what we have.