Okay, now I'm getting worried ...

Not only have the Hawks been falling flat as of late, but we're not doing so great against teams in our own division.  I still think the Hawks have a chance to repeat a Stanley Cup championship, but that's all it is: a chance.  The Hawks have losing records this season against the Blues and Avalanche, which are two teams that the Hawks could meet in the playoffs.

The Hawks have a losing record against divisional opponents thus far ... something like 9-11-3.

• 3 weeks later...

I wrote in the Penguin section and it applies to the Hawks as well, they have their playoff spot locked up, the Hawks know they are facing the Avalanche no matter what, they are sitting back and healing and hoping to turn it on when the time comes. Essentially there is nothing to really play for right now and the team has gone a bit flat. It happens.

Good teams are able to turn it back on, the Hawks have been there before, so have the Pens but sometimes it is a little more difficult than teams think. My personal opinion is this club knows what it takes and can get it together. Relax. It could be worse, you could be a Maple Leaf fan.

@Chicago Hawkie

I was looking at this today.  Basically the Aves and Hawks are playing for home ice advantage.  I'm a bit concerned as well for the next two weeks anyway because I have Kane on the IR and I have Crawford as my goalie in my keeper league.  But speaking from a non fantasy point of view the Avalanche are also going to be down Duschene for a month with a knee injury.  Which team has the most forward depth?

Relax. It could be worse, you could be a Maple Leaf fan.

Or even worser than worse, a Nucks fan  :blink: ...& as Forrest Gump said, 'That's all I'm going to say about that.'

@Chicago Hawkie  The nice thing Hawkie is that Kaner & Toews will be back for the playoffs, the most important time. But I know what you mean, thinking about facing the Blues, Kings, Ducks & (cough) Boston and the like, 't'aint gonna be no easy feat! (I basically just don't want Boston winning the Cup....please!)

• Like 1

@yave1964

It's weird, but I've seen this happen with the Wings way back when, also, when I watched them during my time living in Michigan.  That being said, Colorado will be a very tough adversary, but it will be a fun series to watch! :)

@hf101

Duchene is kind of a Hawks killer, so it may even these teams up.  Paul Stastny has been tough on the Hawks, though, too.

@goalnut3133

Welcome back!  :D   Because the Hawks have had a difficult time beating teams in their division, it will be a rocky road to a potential repeat, but I look forward to these challenging matchups.  My birthday will be two weeks from this Friday, and by that time, the playoffs will be underway, the baseball season is well underway, and I'll finally have more than two days off in a row from work!  :D

• Like 1