Blues sign Stastny

hf101

The Blues have their #1 and #2 centers now in Backes and Stastny.  Stastny signed a four-year deal that pays the 28 year old forward $7 million a season for $28 million total. The Blues may have over paid to get their #2 center but the St Louis native will earn his payday as many are speculating that Stastny will center Jaden Schwartz and Vladimir Tarasenko.  

With Stastny the Blues have to be one of the early favorites for the cup next year.

@hf101  This move never got talked about enough. This could very well catapult the Blues into the real deal. They very badly needed to improve their scoring from their centers in the top 6. They need legit consistent scoring....they got that. If Stasney is not a ppg guy in St.Louis, I'll eat my shorts.

The Blues have their #1 and #2 centers now in Backes and Stastny.  Stastny signed a four-year deal that pays the 28 year old forward $7 million a season for $28 million total. The Blues may have over paid to get their #2 center but the St Louis native will earn his payday as many are speculating that Stastny will center Jaden Schwartz and Vladimir Tarasenko.  

With Stastny the Blues have to be one of the early favorites for the cup next year.

Good signing by the Blues. Overpaid a bit but they had the room and need the punch. 

That St. Louis native was born in Quebec, no?

@hf101  This move never got talked about enough. This could very well catapult the Blues into the real deal. They very badly needed to improve their scoring from their centers in the top 6. They need legit consistent scoring....they got that. If Stasney is not a ppg guy in St.Louis, I'll eat my shorts.

It's a bet! Start salting them!

:turkey:

Seriously though, good signing by the Blues. Lots o' moolah, but 4 years is a fair bit shorter term than I thought he'd get. He should fit in well.

• 3 months later...

Archived