Players whose careers were too short

ScottM

@TropicalFruitGirl26  I did mention Eric, but regardless....EXCELLENT post TFG!!

Yes, you did, @jammer2 , my bad...and I DID look through the posts yet somehow missed your mention of Lindros.

Oh well, just think of my post as an add on, an addendum if you will, to YOUR post.... :)

Eric, honestly, was the FIRST player that came to mind for me when I first saw the thread title.

Another that comes to mind, but more because of what I  had heard more than what I've seen of him, was Pat LaFontaine.

Yea, he played about 10 seasons or so in the NHL, but I understand injuries took their toll on him as well, and that he probably could have continued to be a very productive player had he not been derailed with concussions.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to resurrect this thread to mention Brian Mullen. He had 7 20-goal seasons, and 260 goals and 622 points for his career when a stroke, open heart surgery, and a seizure forced him into retirement at age 31. He might have had an outside shot at 500 if he could have had a "full" career.

Archived