Spoiled Bruins fan....moi!

nORRis8

Had a feeling it was going to start out this way.

Iggy gone.

Key injuries at centre.

Defence soso.

Zero offense.

Last few years B fans have been spoiled. 2  trips to the finals in the last 4 years...aCup win.

Lots is expected.

My thoughts previous to the start of this season:

I would have rather seen the Bruins trading Chara who each year on the last 3 gets slower and is less effective....and keeping Iggy. The Bruins were super deep on defence and end up trading Boychuck...who actually checks opposing players rather than rubbing them against the boards like Chara does. All this would have meant  a ton more cap space by trading an older d-man that may still have some value.

Zero offense.

Thats the thing I really noticed. Unlike the past few years where the B's could beat you in all dimensions, this team (thus far) sorely lacks any offensive cohesiveness.

I can't say I am dissapointed. :-)

@nORRis8

I was just going to write a post in here about the toothless Bruins but you beat me to it.

I see so many people picking them to win the Eastern conference, not saying that is not possible, the conference is weak and a hot playoff run can get any number of teams in that are lacking in areas, (Rangers last year, Devils and Flyers in recent memory are clubs that were not exactly world beaters but got hot at the right time) but the Bruins scare me.

The trade of Seguin was a mistake, an awful answer to not the right question. Eriksson is a soft player, Reilly Smith played over his head last year. Fraser is really nothing. Iginla helped a lot last year, but the truth is the Bruins have a poor selection of wings to throw out there every night.

I love Bergeron, one of the top two way forwards in the game. Offensively tho, he is only okay. Krejci is a star or near star offensively but his own set of injuries are starting up. He will help the offense that has 4 goals in 4 games, a consummate playmaker, nearly a point a game player, in a city where too many players from all sports get more time in te limelight than they deserve he seems to go around under the radar giving up the time in the sun to his more vocal and charismatic teammates, but he is a sure fired stud.

The problem is, Lucic, Marchand, Eriksson and Smith are complimentary players, they lack the 35-40 goal sniper that Seguin could have, would have been for the team. And with zero cap room they have to play the hand they have been dealt.

With that tremendous defense they could still win, and likely will win a lot of games. I am not a fan of the type of games they are going to be involved in this year, a lot of 2-1 thrillers. This at a time when offense is likely to go up a bit in our game. I just think they are on the slide downhill, towards the middle of the pack. Still in a lot better position than my Wings tho.

Aaaaaaah. The Habs getting spanked tonite 7-1 vs Tbay just cheered me up.

It warms the heart, doesn't it?

The Broons certainly don't look as dominant as they have in the recent past, on paper. However, they are still probably a top team in the East.

I think Bruins fans that were freaking out over getting spanked by Detroit are underestimating Detroit, which is a common theme in recent years. Boston has also been known for quiet streaks, so it will be interesting to see where they end up. My prediction? Somewhere near the top of the East.

Archived