The reality of our NMC and NTC clauses....

jammer2

What team would honestly pay their 2nd pairing defenseman $5M per year for the next 6 years? I can think of one - Philly.

Can you think of another? And also keep in mind that it's quite possible that MacDonald would make as much or close to their top pairing guys. 

His level of play and his contract are badly mismatched.

I mean, he's making more than any defenseman on the Kings not named Doughty. Same for the Rangers (including McDonagh!) except for Girardi who makes a whopping $500k more. He makes $500K less than Duncan Keith and about $800K less than Seabrook, but more than anyone else including Hjarlmarsson who I would take in a heartbeat. He would be second highest paid only to Matt Carle on the Lightning. He would be only $400k below Bouwmeester (but quite below Pietrangelo) on St. Louis, but $750K more than Shattenkirk. He would be the highest paid defenseman on the Ducks, at $1M more than the closest guy (Fowler).  He'd be second only to Weber on the Preds, who have really really nice defensemen (Josi, Ellis, Jones).

I just can't imagine what team would be idiotic enough to take on that contract for that level of play.

Yes.  That was exactly the point I beat the hell out of.

Can you name another GM who was 'fired' but really 'promoted' within his team?

Bob Clarke.  Ehhh, sorry, I forgot, he got "burned out" and gracefully stepped out through promotion. 

Can't make this crap up.  Only in the Flyersland.  We are becoming a laughinstock of the NHL.

Archived